All reviews non smoking close to downtown free parking comfortable bed would definitely stay here again convenient location kitchenette appliances suite muffins
Reviewed August 29, 2018

The room is very outdated. The curtains were all stained and the room was actually very dirty and smelled bad. Behind the bathroom door was a shower cap that had been used previously. It was basically the worst place that I ever stayed at. I would not recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CoastalDartmouthGM, General Manager at Coastal Inn Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

mleblanc;
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apologise for the issues you experienced and have shared this review with our team members. If you would like to contact me to further discuss your concerns, you can call me at either our toll free number 1-800-565-1565 or direct at 902-465-7777.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I didn't expect what I see. The room is very 80's I must say. From the door entrance to the bathroom to livingroom to the bedroom. The carpet are in maybe 50's or let say 80's. Only the lamp shade were updated and maybe 5 years old TV. The beds are bouncing. Lucky we have two double bed. So i don't have to sleep beside my husband because he is big person, if my husband moves, it wakes me up. The bottom left of the toilet is rusty, inside the toilet has an old looks already or maybe it just didn't clean the inside properly. No lotion provided. Shampoo and conditioner in one. They have a mini 80's kitchen in the entrance. All furnitures are in the 80's you can tell that they already used much on the arms that you may not want to sit. I have to use my blanket I brought it with me in the car. Because the beddings are not even put properly. It just the looks on top. Crisp and wrinkled flat sheet, blankets and pillows. The fleece beige blanket were old. The top blanket are not wash you can tell by the smell. The pillow were changed. No matter how clean the bed sheets, if you see something it disappointed you, it looks like you doesn't want to stay. It has old and only one elevator and bumpy ride too. But because you already checked in, you don't want to just throw your money out. I have to write something so that others can get the money they spend. For the same amount of money you paid, better to stay in Lord Nelson, travelodge or comfort inn. They are most upgraded. This is my 6th night in Nova Scotia. I tried different hotel due to where places I go. See photo attached. Hoping that this review opens up the opportunity for the businesses to make it better. Lucky no hairs on the pillows.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CoastalDartmouthGM, General Manager at Coastal Inn Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Mimi d;
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments concerning your recent stay with us. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and will review with our team. I do not have any occurance notice from our Front Desk staff in reference to your comments, either at check in or check out.
Again please accept my apology in this regard.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

My wife and I recently stayed here. We liked it a lot, and would definitely stay here again. Room was very spacious and tidy. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast is what you would expect. We liked the location too. You are very close to downtown Dartmouth and the bridges to Halifax. Rates are reasonable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Gary F

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued comments regarding your recent stay with us at Coastal Inn. We are pleased your enjoyed your spacious room and found our location convenient and appreciate your compliments on the Front Desk staff.
We hope to have you as our guest at a future date. Thank you for choosing Coastal Inn Dartmouth.

Wayne Somers

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here from December thru July. Convenient location that You don’t get locked up in traffic. Very convenient to have suites with kitchenettes that you can do you own cooking. Staff and management were super friendly and met any requests we had. Will for sure Come back. Thanks everyone.

Trip type: Travelled on business
CoastalDartmouthGM, General Manager at Coastal Inn Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

DC

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valued comments regarding your extended stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed our accommodations and convenient location and took advantage of the kitchenette features. Your comments in regard to staff and management will be shared with our team.
Looking forward to having you as our guest again at a future date.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Unfriendly,not cleanest.i was told to get out of fitness room after 5 mins pass 10:30 , another came 5 mins later.ordered me out!charged 4 2queen beds but rec'd 1 dbl bed..Breakfast..don't get excited

Room tip: 3 rd floor queen.pay a few more dollars n another hotel.eg..hearthstone inn.servicehere=very poor..rooms=ok.ocation=good
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
CoastalDartmouthGM, General Manager at Coastal Inn Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Newfiegirl P
Thank you for providing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I understand that your reservation was for a standard room with two Dbl. Beds but, however when you arrived, you had your pet dog with you and in order to accommodation you and pet, we had to juggle our reservations around to provide you with a pet friendly room which was a Queen Bed room on the first floor.
The reservation service that you booked your reservation through stipulates No Pets due to limited availability and only on our first floor. As far as the Fitness Room issue, there is signage stating the hours of availability up to 10:30 p.m. and our Night Supervisory staff are required to secure this room after closing time.

Wayne Somers; Gen. Mgr.