All reviews off leash trails for hiking dog beach nova scotia enjoyed our stay would stay here again campers playground ferry halifax overflow
Reviewed July 17, 2015 via mobile

Campground is located in a nice setting with close proximity to amenities.Staff are all fantastic and help to make your stay enjoyable.Showers should be $1.00 as opposed to the present .50c,as loonies are easier to come by and the cleanliness of the bathrooms warrants.

1  Thank Randy O
Reviewed July 15, 2015

Clean facilities and helpful staff. Great location for sight seeing in the Halifax area. Sites were close together but it just made it easier to get to know people around you. We didn't have the same issues as the reviewer previous complaining about been hassled by the staff. In fact staff went out of their way to help us level our tent trailer and to offer us some suggestions for things to see in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed July 14, 2015 via mobile

Although it is a nice place to camp cause it is so close to a beach and great for kayak rentals . I had huge problems with the manager. Wanting a 200 dollar deposit from and and at the time I was banged up from a accident I had and she made it very clear if anyone was to come around looking for me the police would be called. Lol. Also campfires are to be putout at 11pm I am a young person and I stay up late like to have a few drinks and I wasn't able to do so at this campground. The security was picking on me and my friend that were staying there and almost made me drive home while I was drinking because we were "to loud". There is a curfew at about 9pm .. I was up until 4am. In the morning I almost didn't get my deposit back because I was being "to loud" . Mind you I cleaned up everything and didn't damage any of their property. We were not a disturbance. And the manage also said I am not welcome back and also she would call the police if I ever did return lol not likely.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Katie12345678910
Reviewed July 3, 2015

Over the years I've stayed in most of the campgrounds in the Halifax-Dartmouth area. I can say categorically that Shubie is the best there is. It's not just that it's a pretty place (which it certainly IS); it's not just that it's clean (which it certainly IS); and it's not just that it's convenient for getting to the local attractions (which it certainly IS). What is unique about Shubie is that the people who manage it CARE. When campers have a problem, Shubie helps them find the solution. For example: Recently I came to Shubie with a red, swollen face. It was a Sunday, and I was unable to find any cortisone ointment. I was concerned. Well, the good people at Shubie recognized the bug bite and gave me cortisone ointment for it. It immediately got better. In the past there have been other problems, too. The people at Shubie help campers solve these problems! I am a senior lady who travels alone. I find it very comforting that, if something happens, there's someone who cares enough to see that I am well, safe and happy. The people at Shubie try very hard to please, and they care about the welfare of each camper.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Whaley2014
Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

Not far from Halifax but they really have to improve their signs to indicate the directions to the campground. Showers and washrooms are clean. The playground is alright for kids. I wouldn't stay for a whole summer but ok for a quick stay. We can hear the highway in the background but not that much.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kristi W, Public Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2015

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We pride our selves on our clean and friendly campground. Hopefully we'll see you back again soon.