All reviews off leash trails for hiking dog beach nova scotia enjoyed our stay would stay here again campers playground ferry halifax overflow
Reviewed June 23, 2016

Made reservations for a pull through site for are 53 ft motorhome with trailer behind had no problems getting through gate on site or corners. Manager Marsha was very helpful and courteous to make are stay as pleasant and enjoyable as the last 3 years .Park is very clean and maintained. Washrooms are very well kept. We will enjoy are month stay

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

Got confirmation call yesterday for a reservation in which I had asked for a pull through with full service and had mentioned in my form that rig is 53' long and need a lot of space to pull in and also that my leaving date isn't 100% sure and that I would confirm it asap because of the upcoming canada day weekend so as not to hinder them renting it out. The girl on the phone told me she would take 50% of the amount and we could balance it once I can confirm leaving date. Very nice to deal with no issues there.

Drove 11h and upon arrival the guy at the counter charges me the rest of the balance and gives me a back in site. I did warn him that my rig is 53' long and hard to back in if the place isn't really vast. I asked him for the big pull throughs I was told I would have and he said he couldn't. He kept pushing the back in site so I just said I'll give it a shot. They didn't even offer to help guide me in that tight spot or anything so low and behold I couldn't see a pole that was on my blind side trying to back up in that small hole. I also didn't want to rip apart their grass on the other sites to be polite so I ended up with a hole in the fiberglass front of my jayco eagle.

Went back to see the guy who didn't seem to worry that his mistake of not listening to me when I said it wouldn't fit had damaged my trailer. He swapped me to a pullthrough but still not the ones I was supposed to get and told me to go around the top part of the road. Low and behold can't even make the turn so had to back up all the way and make it by the other side. Get to the spot and it is a really tight fit and not made for a rig like mine.

Asked the guy at the counter to talk to the owner about the hole in my trailer as I would take it as a staff mistake that caused it. The guy wasn't bad but they just seemed careless about it.

Will wait to see what management does about it. If I read the negatives I guess I won't get anything which is sad to get bad publicity for a $200 repair but I will wait and see. May change my rating after.

Campground is nice and can't say any negative there except that it is small and can't handle at all a ram 3500 crew cab with a 32' regular travel trailer. Maybe a fifth wheel is ok though.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Emmanuel_Germain
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. Will stay here again next time. Central location ,helpful staff. We were warned about finding the location of this park but had no problem. The only wish would be to have sewer hook up . In out case this was not a break it deal
Even the weather changed for the better.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kristi W, Public Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

So glad you enjoyed your stay and the sunshine! We hope to see you back again very soon! The Shubie Team

Reviewed March 5, 2016

This is the third year we have planned our summer around this wonderful campsite in the city of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
We can't wait! First off, the staff have been so helpful! We've moved sites three times and they always just grin and give us a new site better suited for us. It could be that we wanted a different regular site, away from a dusty road by our picnic table or an easier site to park in, they happily listen an advise us on our concerns.
Now that's service!
Our arrivals are often irregular so we just phone ahead, they're ready! "Just keep the gate card 'til next time!", always accompanied with a wave and a smile.
Three of the staff members are family, so it's nice to know they are sharing any requests.
Dartmouth Downtown and Halifax Waterfront are only a cab ride away. It's great to see all the sites and not have to drive. The Taxis come within minutes!
Take a look at the amenities and the Historic water locks in the adjacent Shubie Park a Municipal, 40-acre urban park in Dartmouth. That keeps everyone in a holiday mood!
It's a small miracle to find this gem of a campground right in the city, it doesn't get better!

Room tip: phone ahead!
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cd0lsen
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2016

Thank you cdOlsen for the great review! We are so happy that you feel like family when you come to stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again this year.
The Shubie Team

Reviewed October 7, 2015 via mobile

A nice quiet campground in the heart of Halifax. Staff was friendly and the security was good.
We enjoyed the walking trails nearby with off leash dog options!!! My only criticism was that the lots were very small and I felt like we were Packed in too tightly.

Date of stay: August 2015