All reviews off leash trails for hiking dog beach nova scotia enjoyed our stay would stay here again campers playground ferry halifax overflow
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Well run and organized, one of the two best campgrounds we encountered on our two month tent trip across Canada and back from Vancouver. Tenters had their own grassy area and the facilities were clean. Wi-fi was available and free. Easy drive into the city or take the bus that runs into town fairly frequently - it can be caught a couple of blocks from the campsite. Excellent base for exploring Halifax and surroundings.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaeleH9108KL
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we asked the best way to pull in to our site and she wasn't sure. The turn into the gate was narrow, but we made it. They have a very open concept and things are a bit tight so both getting in and out of our site the other site had to move their vehicles for us. But people were generally friendly so we accommodated each other.

The showers are pay showers. 50 cents gets you 3.5 mins. As my hair is super curly and can only be worked on in the shower and my daughter's is thick as a rope and reaches her waist we both declined them here. The washrooms were clean and require a code to enter, bring your flashlight at night or you can't see the numbers. It helps during the day too. As the numbers were black on black.

We were using the place as a convenient place to lay our heads. For this it worked well.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kristi W, Public Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you found our campground both convenient and clean! Happy Camping!

Reviewed July 4, 2017

We stayed at Shubie Campground over the Canada Day weekend. The campground was clean and quiet, but there were basically NO trees to tie our tarps to (it was pouring rain!). The beach and canal were lovely (rented paddle boards) and the staff were friendly. My main complaint aside from lack of trees and privacy when tenting is that everything closes up at 8:00! We were a little late getting in and couldn't even check in - security guard had to let us in. I would think in the city during the summer they'd extend their hours a little. Overall, it was a good experience. I don't think I would ever stay again as we were hoping for something a little more private and wooded.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Thank you for your comments - I'm glad you had a good experience. I'll look in to our summer hours for you.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I recently came here with a friend for 1 night.
We tented on an un-serviced site. The site was small and very open. Luckily we went on a weekend where there were very few families there, so there was no one on either side of our site. The trails and lake are beautiful, but the campground is nothing special.
We were extremely happy with the staff. (Super super friendly). The reservation had been made for 4, but only 2 of us ended up going. I never asked for a refund on the reservation, they actually offered. They were very helpful on the phone the few days prior while making the reservation. After you make your reservation they send you a confirmation email with all the information you need. I found this very helpful!
Make sure to bring $20 cash for the key card!
The bathrooms were perfect.
At 11pm the security guard came by to tell us it was quiet time and was very nice about it. Our fire was almost out so he let us stay out until it burned it's self out.
We came just for a girls night out of the house, it was great just to get away, nothing fancy, but it does the trick!
I typically like to try new places so I may not be back, but I would recommend as a place just to escape to for a night or two!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kristi W, Public Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and facilities. We pride ourselves on our friendly team and our cleanliness. I'm glad you enjoyed your night out and hopefully we'll see you at our campground again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2017

We stayed 2 nights while we explored Halifax. A little out of town - but as we were in no hurry the trip into downtown Halifax was fun (bus and ferry). The staff were excellent - really helpful in getting us set up with our three way pitch. And the site was nice, clean and friendly

Date of stay: October 2016