All reviews off leash trails for hiking dog beach nova scotia enjoyed our stay would stay here again campers playground ferry halifax overflow
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I never stayed here... I made a reservation on February 11th for what I thought was August... they booked me in for the wrong month (July) and told me in May that it was unavailable for the dates I wanted in August. I am beyond disappointed. I won't be trying to book here again. So many beautiful places to stay in Nova Scotia - book somewhere that knows what they're doing.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley J
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Hi Ashely, I am so sorry that your reservation did not work out for you. I understand how disappointing this must be. Unfortunately, when you first made the reservation in February, it was for dates in July. I understand that this was a mistake on your part and that you were actually looking for those dates in August. I am sorry that we did not recognize this until May. We have only one Yurt on site and it does book up quickly and was already booked for the August long weekend before you sent your reservation request in February. We would not have been able to accommodate you in February. I am so sorry that it took us until May to realize the mistake and that you were left believing the reservation was valid for August. This is not the level of service that we pride ourselves on. Staying in the Yurt is an excellent experience. Please contact us privately if you would like to arrange for the same weekend for 2019. I would be happy to hold it for you to. Again, we are so very sorry. Regards, the Shubie Team.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice campground that is well run with a friendly staff that was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The restrooms and showers were clean and well maintained. The sites were a little tight but really not bad at all.

What they did have that was a true bonus is a beautiful park with a well maintained trail system that took you around the water.

We do recommend this facility.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank 57RRoberts
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Well run and organized, one of the two best campgrounds we encountered on our two month tent trip across Canada and back from Vancouver. Tenters had their own grassy area and the facilities were clean. Wi-fi was available and free. Easy drive into the city or take the bus that runs into town fairly frequently - it can be caught a couple of blocks from the campsite. Excellent base for exploring Halifax and surroundings.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaeleH9108KL
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we asked the best way to pull in to our site and she wasn't sure. The turn into the gate was narrow, but we made it. They have a very open concept and things are a bit tight so both getting in and out of our site the other site had to move their vehicles for us. But people were generally friendly so we accommodated each other.

The showers are pay showers. 50 cents gets you 3.5 mins. As my hair is super curly and can only be worked on in the shower and my daughter's is thick as a rope and reaches her waist we both declined them here. The washrooms were clean and require a code to enter, bring your flashlight at night or you can't see the numbers. It helps during the day too. As the numbers were black on black.

We were using the place as a convenient place to lay our heads. For this it worked well.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kristi W, Public Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you found our campground both convenient and clean! Happy Camping!

Reviewed July 4, 2017

We stayed at Shubie Campground over the Canada Day weekend. The campground was clean and quiet, but there were basically NO trees to tie our tarps to (it was pouring rain!). The beach and canal were lovely (rented paddle boards) and the staff were friendly. My main complaint aside from lack of trees and privacy when tenting is that everything closes up at 8:00! We were a little late getting in and couldn't even check in - security guard had to let us in. I would think in the city during the summer they'd extend their hours a little. Overall, it was a good experience. I don't think I would ever stay again as we were hoping for something a little more private and wooded.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Thank you for your comments - I'm glad you had a good experience. I'll look in to our summer hours for you.