All reviews off leash trails for hiking dog beach nova scotia enjoyed our stay would stay here again campers playground ferry halifax overflow
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Booked Shubie for an overnight tenting July 1st weekend. When I arrived I was told they required a $250.00 deposit for my $39.00/night tenting site. I have never in my years of a tenter ever been asked for that!
I will not be calling them again, and will instead go back to one of my Favourite spots at Wide Open Wilderness!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chris M
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for your note Chris. I am so sorry that you did not end up staying with us as a result of the deposit. This has been our policy for a number of years and is clearly mentioned on our website as well as in our reservation reply email. As with most campgrounds and hotels, we hold the deposit in case of damage to the property. Again, I am sorry that this was a deterrent for you to experience our campground. The Shubie Team.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Shubie campground. It was convenient for going into Halifax - about a 10 minute drive to the ferry and then a short ferry ride to the waterfront. Or u could drive yourself over there but we didn’t want to deal with parking. It wasn’t a bad drive to Peggy’s Cove area. The sites are tight and it was a little tricky getting in and out with our 39’ rv, but it was manageable. Shubie Park which is attached to this campground has a beach area, kayak rentals and lots of trails for hiking. The park was really nice. We took our dogs to the off-leash hiking trails and to the dog beach area and it was a real treat for the dogs. The staff was really nice. If we return to the area we would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank dukegolfer
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your story with us - we're happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2018

I never stayed here... I made a reservation on February 11th for what I thought was August... they booked me in for the wrong month (July) and told me in May that it was unavailable for the dates I wanted in August. I am beyond disappointed. I won't be trying to book here again. So many beautiful places to stay in Nova Scotia - book somewhere that knows what they're doing.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley J
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Hi Ashely, I am so sorry that your reservation did not work out for you. I understand how disappointing this must be. Unfortunately, when you first made the reservation in February, it was for dates in July. I understand that this was a mistake on your part and that you were actually looking for those dates in August. I am sorry that we did not recognize this until May. We have only one Yurt on site and it does book up quickly and was already booked for the August long weekend before you sent your reservation request in February. We would not have been able to accommodate you in February. I am so sorry that it took us until May to realize the mistake and that you were left believing the reservation was valid for August. This is not the level of service that we pride ourselves on. Staying in the Yurt is an excellent experience. Please contact us privately if you would like to arrange for the same weekend for 2019. I would be happy to hold it for you to. Again, we are so very sorry. Regards, the Shubie Team.

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice campground that is well run with a friendly staff that was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The restrooms and showers were clean and well maintained. The sites were a little tight but really not bad at all.

What they did have that was a true bonus is a beautiful park with a well maintained trail system that took you around the water.

We do recommend this facility.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank 57RRoberts
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Well run and organized, one of the two best campgrounds we encountered on our two month tent trip across Canada and back from Vancouver. Tenters had their own grassy area and the facilities were clean. Wi-fi was available and free. Easy drive into the city or take the bus that runs into town fairly frequently - it can be caught a couple of blocks from the campsite. Excellent base for exploring Halifax and surroundings.

Date of stay: July 2017