Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Natasha P

Only if out of options

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 26, 2018via mobile
Tented here for the night- travelling around N.S from Ontario with my family and made a last minute decision to stay in an area close to Lawrencetown; expensive for a tenting site (more than any parks Canada campsites we tented in) and was in the city. Had not realized how urban the area was until we arrived (was a last minute booking- did not have extensive time or even thought to research if the camping was in the city).You can hear the city hustle n bustle, we were set up at the unserviced tent sites at the bottom of a steep hill- thankfully it didnt rain and collect in the tent area, cost alot considering the site is in the middle of an urban residential area- on top of the deposit, you also need to pay for a swipecard to get in/out of the area after hours (which is refundable) and the usual use of shower fees. Thankful the washrooms (which also require a passcode) and showers were clean but definitely not a “camping” feeling. Person working the desk had excessive cleavage hanging out of her poor fitting tank top- professional and appropriate attire when deaing with guests would be a suggestion. Would not stay again unless I was in another last minute bind.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Vio.com
    C$164
4.4 km from Shubie Campground
View more hotels in Dartmouth
All reviews craft brewery washroom facilities city bus gate key staff went out of their way location is fantastic a great stay campers rv tennis halifax shopping ns
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We stayed here with our grandkids before bringing them to the airport. Very busy place and we ended up in the overflow section. Terrible wifi.....unless you pay. We were beside the tennis courts and were told it’s $6.50 per hour for two rackets and a ball. The security was good and we felt safe in the city and the lots were nice but if you have kids.....make sure you have lots to do or it will cost you a fortune!We travel extensively and other than it’s location....this is not a place we would bring the kids again.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Coleen O
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights 25/26 July 2018. The power on our original site was out of order so they moved us to a better location even though the power outlet would be fixed within an hour.
The owner is a very nice man, he came round enquiring about the WiFi - he had put up extender poles. So on our last morning we had the luxury of WiFi at our camper and not only around the main building.
We can definitely recommend this campground also for its location near Halifax.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank 306moniquef
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you guys in a new site and get your wifi up and running! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon! The Shubie Team

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Booked Shubie for an overnight tenting July 1st weekend. When I arrived I was told they required a $250.00 deposit for my $39.00/night tenting site. I have never in my years of a tenter ever been asked for that!
I will not be calling them again, and will instead go back to one of my Favourite spots at Wide Open Wilderness!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Chris M
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for your note Chris. I am so sorry that you did not end up staying with us as a result of the deposit. This has been our policy for a number of years and is clearly mentioned on our website as well as in our reservation reply email. As with most campgrounds and hotels, we hold the deposit in case of damage to the property. Again, I am sorry that this was a deterrent for you to experience our campground. The Shubie Team.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Shubie campground. It was convenient for going into Halifax - about a 10 minute drive to the ferry and then a short ferry ride to the waterfront. Or u could drive yourself over there but we didn’t want to deal with parking. It wasn’t a bad drive to Peggy’s Cove area. The sites are tight and it was a little tricky getting in and out with our 39’ rv, but it was manageable. Shubie Park which is attached to this campground has a beach area, kayak rentals and lots of trails for hiking. The park was really nice. We took our dogs to the off-leash hiking trails and to the dog beach area and it was a real treat for the dogs. The staff was really nice. If we return to the area we would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank dukegolfer

Thank you for sharing your story with us - we're happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2018

I never stayed here... I made a reservation on February 11th for what I thought was August... they booked me in for the wrong month (July) and told me in May that it was unavailable for the dates I wanted in August. I am beyond disappointed. I won't be trying to book here again. So many beautiful places to stay in Nova Scotia - book somewhere that knows what they're doing.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Ashley J
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Hi Ashely, I am so sorry that your reservation did not work out for you. I understand how disappointing this must be. Unfortunately, when you first made the reservation in February, it was for dates in July. I understand that this was a mistake on your part and that you were actually looking for those dates in August. I am sorry that we did not recognize this until May. We have only one Yurt on site and it does book up quickly and was already booked for the August long weekend before you sent your reservation request in February. We would not have been able to accommodate you in February. I am so sorry that it took us until May to realize the mistake and that you were left believing the reservation was valid for August. This is not the level of service that we pride ourselves on. Staying in the Yurt is an excellent experience. Please contact us privately if you would like to arrange for the same weekend for 2019. I would be happy to hold it for you to. Again, we are so very sorry. Regards, the Shubie Team.