All reviews off leash trails for hiking dog beach nova scotia enjoyed our stay would stay here again campers playground ferry halifax overflow
Reviewed October 26, 2018

If you're looking for a campground very close to Halifax and convenient for visiting the city, this is perfect. Because it was super easy to take the bus to the ferry downtown, we decided not to bother driving our camper van into the city and take this fun adventure with our 5-year-old. On our way back, there was a nice restaurant right at the ferry dock that was the perfect ending to our day of touring.

The campground had a fine playground for our child, and if we had more time, we would have enjoyed swimming in the lake. Great value for being so close to Halifax!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Tented here for the night- travelling around N.S from Ontario with my family and made a last minute decision to stay in an area close to Lawrencetown; expensive for a tenting site (more than any parks Canada campsites we tented in) and was in the city. Had not realized how urban the area was until we arrived (was a last minute booking- did not have extensive time or even thought to research if the camping was in the city).You can hear the city hustle n bustle, we were set up at the unserviced tent sites at the bottom of a steep hill- thankfully it didnt rain and collect in the tent area, cost alot considering the site is in the middle of an urban residential area- on top of the deposit, you also need to pay for a swipecard to get in/out of the area after hours (which is refundable) and the usual use of shower fees. Thankful the washrooms (which also require a passcode) and showers were clean but definitely not a “camping” feeling. Person working the desk had excessive cleavage hanging out of her poor fitting tank top- professional and appropriate attire when deaing with guests would be a suggestion. Would not stay again unless I was in another last minute bind.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We stayed here with our grandkids before bringing them to the airport. Very busy place and we ended up in the overflow section. Terrible wifi.....unless you pay. We were beside the tennis courts and were told it’s $6.50 per hour for two rackets and a ball. The security was good and we felt safe in the city and the lots were nice but if you have kids.....make sure you have lots to do or it will cost you a fortune!We travel extensively and other than it’s location....this is not a place we would bring the kids again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights 25/26 July 2018. The power on our original site was out of order so they moved us to a better location even though the power outlet would be fixed within an hour.
The owner is a very nice man, he came round enquiring about the WiFi - he had put up extender poles. So on our last morning we had the luxury of WiFi at our camper and not only around the main building.
We can definitely recommend this campground also for its location near Halifax.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 306moniquef
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you guys in a new site and get your wifi up and running! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon! The Shubie Team

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Booked Shubie for an overnight tenting July 1st weekend. When I arrived I was told they required a $250.00 deposit for my $39.00/night tenting site. I have never in my years of a tenter ever been asked for that!
I will not be calling them again, and will instead go back to one of my Favourite spots at Wide Open Wilderness!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chris M
Kristi W, Guest Relations Manager at Shubie Campground, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for your note Chris. I am so sorry that you did not end up staying with us as a result of the deposit. This has been our policy for a number of years and is clearly mentioned on our website as well as in our reservation reply email. As with most campgrounds and hotels, we hold the deposit in case of damage to the property. Again, I am sorry that this was a deterrent for you to experience our campground. The Shubie Team.