“Best hostel in great part of Digby!”

Digby Backpackers Inn
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Am thoroughly enjoying my stay here! Highly recommend! Great hosts - down to earth people who were very helpful with local activities. Also the location cannot be better!

I think Digby and this place attracts nice an lovely people. I liked talking to the various young, old, solo travelers, families, etc!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Digby Backpackers Inn

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed at the Digby Backpackers Inn for 3 nights and the place was like staying at Grandma's.The house is a older home with so much character and homey feel. The place is clean and the bed are really comfortable. The owners Saskia and Claude do a great job at helping travelers find places to eat and see sights in the surrounding area. The cat and rabbit are part of the family. You get a simple breakfast included in your nightly price. They have shared rooms and also private and family rooms. Best place to stay in Digby!!! Some say I left my heart in... well oops I left my hat. By some local scallops and cook them for you and family in the huge kitchen...wonderful!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2016

We found this quiet, quaint place around the corner one morning from one of the horrible motels in Digby NB, which we got stuck at one night, and felt so blessed Saskia and Claude allowed us to bring our small 17yr old dog with us and they provided a me a private room for my fiancee and our dog.
They were so friendly and helpful and even provided us a breakfast the next morning.
There is a big kitchen, with a fridge for your food, cooking facilities, it's all very clean, with two washrooms, a shower which is very clean & spotless, a reading lounge with TV, sun deck with seats and a lovely view of Digby Harbour..
They are also located a couple of blocks from Downtown Digby\s finest restaurants too.
We'd like to thank Saskia & Claude for their kindness and friendship during our stay last week in Digby NB.
We had a wonderful time and slept so well that night..
The other guests we met that night also were very nice and friendly.

We'd recommend Digby BackPackers Inn to everyone who is looking for a special get away..
I feel we met a new family away from home.. Thank you Backpackers Inn !!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2016

The owners are the ones who will welcome you at the door with a beautiful smile ! This is like a home away from home. Also, they have young travellers as volunteers helping you at the hostel, which is amazing, since you can meet so many interesting people.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 18 September 2016

We ended up staying at the Digby Backpackers Inn as we made our way from Halifax down and back up the coast of Nova Scotia. Clean, comfortable, and the friendliest hosts and staff! Full of recommendations on where to eat (the Wheelhouse was amazing!), and what to see on our way to PEI. They made excellent breakfast companions, and we enjoyed sharing stories over toast and coffee. We had a room at the top of the stairs, and the view to the harbor at night was lovely. The bed was very comfortable, and we didn't hear the other guests at all. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a few friends for two nights for a wedding we were attending in the area. The place is very nice, extremely clean and quiet. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a nice spot to stay in Digby.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I stay every year for Wharf Rat Rally at the Digby Backpackers Inn. What a find! And it's perfect for bikers!!!! They have a drive in/drive out two door large garage for starters plus plenty of places to park your bike. The owners, Claude and Saskia just can't do enough for you and the place is clean and very well-run. They strive to please! There is a nice kitchen, fridge for your food, cooking facilities, all very clean, two washrooms, shower which is spotless, reading lounge, deck with seats and a marvelous view of Digby Harbour. They have rooms with bunks as well as a little outdoor cottage with bunks as well and a beautiful sit around fireplace! Plus plenty of room to pitch your tent, all at extremely reasonable prices! This is truly one of the best places to stay in Digby and it's just perfect for bikers like me. Lots of new, friendly and interesting people from all across Canada and the inn is literally a three minute walk from the main street with all the vendors' booths.

I would HIGHLY recommend Digby Backpackers Inn as a wonderful place to stay!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends