All reviewsno air conditioningsoapfridgetowelstvbathroombedswaterfrontparking
Reviewed July 10, 2017

It's about what you'd expect from a university residence - extremely basic, functional, and spartan. The wifi worked pretty well, parking was tight, the included breakfast pretty good overall (or at least lots to eat), but the rooms were small, bathrooms shared, and beds very small if you stayed in the singles rooms. Don't expect hotel amenities, but if you don't expect them the stay is fine. We were a basketball team in for a weekend tournament, and it worked well for our purposes.

Room Tip: Get rooms by the main exit where parking is - otherwise it's quite a walk.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenneth A
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

No AC, no fridge, no tv, no elevator. Good thing temp is about 15 degrees celcius. Not advisable if you are visiting during summer months.
Pros - walking distance to downtown proper plus there is a bus stop available - Bus no 9. Cheapest accommodation in Halifax. Room and common bathroom are clean. From airport you can take bus 320 then transfer to bus 9 at duke and Barrington

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank bonel_pogi
Reviewed June 27, 2017

After a stressful travel day (late flight, missed shuttle, shuttle breakdown on the highway, taxi to St. Mary's), my cousin arrived with my printed gift reservation information and MasterCard info and was refused unless she paid cash on the spot. My cousin is one of those folks who just doesn't like credit cards and so she doesn't have one. I respect that. Apparently, St. Mary's doesn't. St. Mary's lost a future client. Including my entire extended family.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

First of all, this is a university residence, not a hotel, so if you're looking for a hotel - don't stay here. However, if you're looking for cheap, comfortable, with lots included, then this place could be for you.

Small, dated and well used rooms, but very comfortable- so if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep, this is perfect. You have to share a a toilet and shower room, but the apartments weren't fully booked so availability wasn't an issue and I didn't see any other residents.

Great value: price includes parking, all you can eat breakfast, internet, use of gym and sports facilities. My room was warm though, but there are fans available to borrow if you're not too lazy like I am to go and get one.

My only complaint is that the booking company I used didn't give clear instructions where to check in - I spent almost half an hour trying to find the residence and reception.

I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

I stayed near the Halifax harbour front in March and got a good hotel rate but in June the rates are now much higher.
With 3 people we got a 3 bedroom apartment in residence.
For $129 plus tax it was a good deal. It is a 25 minute walk to the harbour front but there are steep hills along the way. Okay,I drove.
Fìrst of aĺl it is a university residence. The beds were Okay. They provided towels which was nice. The bedrooms are a good size.The apartment had a fridge, stove and microwave. NOTE. It does not come with lots, pans, plates or cutlery. But for saving restaurant money it is excellent.
There is no living room or TV but I would stay here again during hotel high season rates.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family