1,998 results
All reviews heavenly bed elements restaurant farmers market train station nova scotia an older hotel liquor store starbucks coffee harbour view front desk staff historic hotel bit dated valet parking downtown halifax jesse yuk pier
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We've stayed here a number of times over the years; if your arrival is by train it is just a short walk from the train to the lobby. The rooms are large, clean, and the beds really comfortable. The hotel is good for sleeping - quiet hallways and no outside noise. The bar, Roy's, was very pleasant and a good place for a nightcap. The breakfast buffet was exceptionally good. Every staff member we encountered was professional and friendly.
It's a short walk to downtown, maybe 10 to 15 minutes. Especially if VIA Rail Canada is in your travel plans, I can't think of a better place to stay while in beautiful Halifax.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for sharing comments on your experience at the Westin Nova Scotian. We appreciate your loyalty over the years and hope we can continue to be your choice when visiting Halifax.

Be well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the main reasons I prefer to stay at The Westin in Halifax is the great service I always receive from Scott D. There is not a problem or request he hasn't solved for me over the years of visits. Thank you Scott.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your loyalty Sean and I will be sure and share you comments with Scott, he's a rock star!

Be well,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is our favorite Halifax hotel. We like the surface parking which is good for SUVs and we like that it is pet friendly. Rooms have been recently re do e. It is an old hotel so bathrooms are small by today's standards but there are offsetting conveniences like windows that open. Convenient location on the waterfront. Overall a great place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us again at the historic Westin Nova Scotian. Happy to hear you enjoyed our renovations which included new windows that we ensured still opened!

Be well and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

When I booked the hotel, I added the comment to my SPG booking that I was staying at the Westin for my anniversary - hoping to get a price on an upgrade. When we arrived, they gave us a complimentary upgrade one of the best rooms in the hotel, valet parking, a card and a bottle of wine! We truly received the royal treatment from the staff. The room had a beautiful view of the Halifax Harbour and the lighthouse on George's Island. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in!
Thanks so much to the hotel & staff who made our stay an enjoyable and memorable one.

Room tip: The views from the harbour side are worth booking!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Thank you Steve for the kinds words on your experience while staying with us at the Westin Nova Scotian. I am glad you both had a great stay and congratulations on your anniversary. The team was happy to take good care of you.

Be well and come back any time soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2018

This hotel is in a fine building and it is part of the Marriott and Starwood group. It has been tastefully modernised, for examples, the wireless free internet works well, the windows can be opened yet they seal tightly, the air conditioning and heating are effective, the room fridge is useful.

I was particularly impressed by the helpful behaviour of the reception associates, especially Vivian, who sorted out my inquiries regarding printing, a brief local difficulty with noisy neighbours, access to the gym, et alia. It made me feel I was not a number but a valued visitor.

My fifth stay in recent years reminded me that the associates have a significant influence in the hotel even though it is part of a group.

Room tip: The harbour view rooms offer spectacular scenery.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we certainly appreciate your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and our maritime hospitality. Hope to see you again soon.

Be well,