All reviews oscar wilde no elevator free parking antique furniture blues bar great location downtown halifax first floor within walking distance tea and coffee barrington street breakfast room jacuzzi tub the ground floor historic property off street parking charming hotel
Reviewed January 6, 2019

Entering the Inn at Christmas was so charming. All the over-the-top Christmas decorations were awesome and lovely. We were warmly greeted and our room on the top floor with twin beds was cozy and warm. I love all the antique furniture and pictures, all the inviting big chairs everywhere and I fell in love with the V-shaped pillow on my bed. I loved it so much, my husband went online and ordered two for our bed at home! We had some delicious hot cider from the main entry and popped over to the Board Room nearby for a night of gaming with friends. Slept very well and enjoyed our breakfast (room located in the basement) which was buffet style and pretty good. I do prefer a more restaurant style service, but this was more than adequate with hot and cold choices. Thanks for a charming visit! Look forward to another stay.

Reviewed December 26, 2018

Really loved this inn. Lots of charm, nice antique or antique looking furniture. We ended up changing rooms due to an issue, and both rooms were quite spacious and very nice. If you like the charm of old hotels, then this one is for you. It is conveniently located on Barrington Street, just a short walk to the waterfront. There are many restaurants within a one block walk. An added PLUS is it has a parking lot.

Room tip: There are no elevators.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2018

I stayed at the Waverley Inn at the end of November/beginning of December, just as they were finishing decorating the already beautiful inn for Christmas. I would definitely stay here again. The inn is beautiful, my room was clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly, and the inn is a short walk from the main downtown Halifax tourist sites. I was also pleased with the breakfast buffet and the availability of treats and coffee, and hot cider in the evening. I was in the Oscar Wilde room which is located on the second floor at the front of the building, and was pleased with the room. There was music playing until fairly late in the evening (after 1 am) which I think came from the blues bar across the street. I live across the street from a hospital, so I am able to sleep through outside noise. For visitors who are light sleepers, I would suggest requesting a room that is at the back of the inn. While early December is not the best time to visit Halifax, it is worth visiting the inn to see the Christmas decorations and lights.

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room that does not face onto Barrington St.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

What an awesome place to stay. Liked everything about this place from staff to amenities. Would definitely come back. I loved the feeling as soon as I walked in. Very well done. The breakfast that was included was really good and had a good selection.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kuebs
Reviewed December 3, 2018

My Husband and I recently stayed over a week at the Waverly Inn in Halifax. This was such an amazing place. It was as if we stepped back in time to the 1800's or early 1900's.,,the decor was beautiful...antique all the way. The Inn was also decorated with old fashion decorations for Christmas. Absolutely breath taking. The rooms were comfortable and unique. The staff was the friendliest and most helpful ever....made us feel like family, Enjoyed hearing the history of Waverly Inn including frequent visitors when in Halifax was Oscar Wilde and PT Barnum Bailey of the Ringling Brothers Circus. We plan to visit Halifax again and Waverly is where we will stay, Thank you staff and Happy Holidays!