New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

US$70.09*
and up
Small-Group Morning Kayak Tour and Breakfast in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: You're bound for some excitement with the spinning of roulette wheels, the sounds of slot bells ringing and friendly faces at this lively casino.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Parking garage woes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Went to a show there- first and last time. Enjoyed the show although the venue is not ideal. The chairs are built for people who like sitting on the lap of the next person- small narrow chairs that lock together and make an airplane seem roomy. No incline so you see nothing if the person in front of you is tall. But the worst was yet to come- trying to leave. First there were long line-ups to pay for parking. Then a staff person started telling us to go downstairs into the casino and they would validate our parking and it would be free. Sounded good but the security guards at the escalator would not let anyone go down. This was an older crowd and there would have been no need to ID anyone! They sent us back to pay again. Still would have been ok without the free parking if we could have moved the car. We sat for 35 minutes and not a single vehicle on our level moved more than a couple inches. So one of us went down to see what was happening. Only one gate open and instead of just opening the gate which they do at most venues to clear a crowd, no one in sight. We went back in to complain. It took about 20 minutes for anyone in management to show up. He admitted that they had not opened the other gate but that they had finally done it- 45 minutes after the show ended. It is a total mess. We have been to sell-out games of 10,000 in the city where the parking garage cleared in a fraction of the time. This was not 10,000. It is a new facility but we will not return. They had better figure out how to empty a parking garage. We finally left over an hour later- and had to get a new validation because our intial one had expired. And some of the crowd might have tried out the casino- if they had been allowed into it.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank llinel

Georgetown, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“not open for business”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

All the restaurants are closed including the buffet - more service providers in there ignoring the players than there are players

Visited November 2012
1 Thank petewanner
New York City, New York
“They Will Do All They Can to Rip You Off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

My one (and will be the only) visit to this casino was during a stop on my cruise, from New York. First of all, you can not play with US Dollars, which is understandable. However, they will make you convert your US Dollars at a rate of 1 US Dollar for 94 Cents Canadian, a loss of 6%, whereas at the port, the conversion rate was even, and a few merchants gave 1.02 Canadian for every US Dollar.
I first went to check out the pokerroom that only had 2 tables going on (I guess it could be slow on a Thursday afternoon). I asked the floorman for a seat for 2-5NL, and he saids there is no 2-5 game at the time. So I went to checkout the rest of the casino floor.
After borrowing 100 Canadian Dollars from one of my friends, and started playing the game called "Blackjack Switch". I am familiar with that game and played it a few times in Atlantic City. This game requires you to play 2 hands at a time, with a rule allowing you to switch the 2nd two cards dealt to you.
What annoyed me most was after playing for bout 5 minutes, I placed my bets for 2 hands and received 2 picture cards for a point count of 20 on both hands, which I made the hand signal to stand. The dealer than turns over his hole card and drew to a point count of 20, resulting in a push on both hands (no win, no loss). However, he then proceeded to quickly collected my chips on both hands, and even after I told him to stop, he ignored me and continue to collect chips from the other players next to me. I finally had to call the supervisor over to make him return my bets. Even if this was an innocent mistake, there was no apologies whatsoever, and he even gave me an angry look. It just seems they are so desperate to take the customer's money that they will stop at nothing. After that hand, I got up and cashed out; it was just too upsetting to play there.

Visited October 2012
Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pretty good for Canada”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

I personally enjoyed the Titanic Theme. A very Large, and well maintained Casino. Nicely located on the boardwalk. Also depending when you go you can catch some great shows.

Visited July 2012
Saint Andrews, Canada
“It's a casino”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Slot machines of varying denominations. Poker room. Poker, roulette and blackjack on the floor.

Nothing special, but clean.

Visited October 2012