“Cambridge Suites a Hit!”

Cambridge Suites - Halifax
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Digby, Canada
“Cambridge Suites a Hit!”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This hotel offers a bit of everything! The rooms are spacious, the Continental Breakfast is superb, the view (if one is lucky enough to get a room on the front of the hotel) is breathtaking in the evening. A plus is valet parking....we stayed there for a family reunion and had a wonderful time! we visited in the breakfast room, in our rooms, and in the city at large! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. It is conveniently located downtown as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1of4bysea, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thanks SnookumsNovaScotia........ You had me at Snookums...... thank you :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Cambridge Suites is a steady commodity in the business sector. It is well located; close to business, restos and clubs. To be onset I was expecting a tired hotel
Due to its age but the cool, chic new look is good in Hali ands he staff were professional too. I did not have any issues so I cold not test their ability to respond, that seems the best way to do things!
The rooms are fairly large and the bed was very comfy.
The exercise room is quite well appointed but some equipment could use maintenance or replacement. There is also sauna, whirlpool and a roof deck; nice!
The bar is cozy and on Wednsday nights they have a "Meet and Greet" with free food and bevvys; a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor facing The Citidel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1of4bysea, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Good morning Jason C and thank you for your thoughts on our property. I love wednesday's for the very reason you mention. Socializing with our guests might just be one of the best parts of my job. Thanks again.
Halifax
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We had to stay at the Cambridge Suites last year during some remodeling of our house. We loved the location, the staff were very professional and helpful, and the room/suite was great. We have since recommended it to friends many times. It's locally owned and operated, which is nice. They take dogs too.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Aussie in London
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Ahead of a short visit to Halifax in late April/early May I chose to book Cambridge Suites (CS) based on Trip Advisor reviews - and I'm very pleased I did !

A very spacious and quiet room, a wonderfully comfortable bed, and truly outstanding service make CS one of the best places I've stayed anywhere in the world. It's well located within a few blocks of the city centre and hotel parking was reasonaby priced.

All up a very relaxing stay !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1of4bysea, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
I love your name "Milkfish" - We appreciate the compliments and hope your travels bring to back to YHZ and to our hotel. Thanks for sharin' - Scott
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The Cambridge Suites is my favourite hotel in Halifax. It is clean, the suites are attractive and well maintained. All of the suites have a micro-wave, small fridge, plates, cutlery, etc I have stayed there several times in the last ten years and it has not deteriorated (like some others hotels at which I have stayed) It is possibly the most central hotel to access downtown Halifax; within easy walking distance of Spring Garden Rd, Barrington St., and the waterfront. The rooms have a good view in either direction (Citadel Hill one way, the harbour the other), Breakfast is included and includes fresh fruit, muffins (which were not just sweet and sugary) eggs, potatoes, toast, and the usual array of cold cereals and juice. . As a plus, they accommodated our early check in.

Room Tip: The view from the higher floors tends to be better.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks Psych_prof for your kind words....
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I was on a short business trip to Halifax late April and chose the Cambridge Suites based on reputation and the reviews on Trip Advisor.

I had no idea it would be one of the best hotel experiences I have had all year. And, I travel a lot.

The location ideal. Walking distance to Spring Garden and the waterfront. Parking easy access and never a struggle for a good spot by an elevator. I received constant warm greetings from the Front Desk.The King Suite I had was gigantic. The flat screen TV's in both the living room and bedroom put to good use for watching Hockey playoffs.
Kitchen = nice, but did not use. Great shower, washroom and plenty of towels.

I was a bit concerned by some lively guests in a suite down the Hall....as I prefer not to be disturbed, but, the sound did not penetrate my room at all. The sound stayed in the hall (they had left their door open) and was not an issue.

I happened upon a Weds night welcome reception in the Lobby and enjoyed comp wine and hor d'oerves....nice touch!

Immaculate room and top notch housekeeping.

Breakfast included, a continental was just OK, but the price was sure right....did I mention
"Free" ?

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It was just perfect, I felt guilty being all alone in such a huge suite! Loved the bed and extra pillows, too....

Like I said, this place is a winner.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mgreene787
Hi Tommy4Tor - it is fantastic when a guests needs match what we offer because we both usually leave happy. I am glad you weren't disturbed by the neighbors down the hall. It sounds like you were in one of our one bedroom suites which I believe (by far) are the quietest suites we have. Thanks for sharing th edetails of your stay.
Cape Breton Island, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Great rooms and amenities. Their specials are always interesting and affordable. When compared to other downtown hotels, the Cambridge Suites offers very reasonable rates for the room and on-site food services and the parking is either included or at a very low cost - most parking is underground and secure, The Cambridge Suites is my first choice whenever I'm looking for accommodations in Halifax, whether it be for business or pleasure. Oh, and if your trip includes a Wednesday night, then you really need to participate in the Manager's special get-together - you'll meet other guests and enjoy the no-cost food and beverage offerings.

Room Tip: I like to get a harbour view room if available.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Alan B "pumpin our tires" - lol (I just heard that saying and thought it was funny).....
Thanks a million Alan B for your kind words and thanks many times over for staying with us when you come to Halifax - we appreciate it.