“In the heart of the city”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is our hotel of choice in Halifax. Once we park the car, we can walk to anywhere on our agenda. Our room, this trip was on the third floor and was lovely. Two big beds and a pull out with still room left over for the desk and coffee table. Nice touches included two cookies when we checked in, bottled water and chocolates hanging on our doorknob in the evening, bath robe. We used the fitness centre and pool. Very friendly staff, willing to meet any request we had. They even offered umbrellas as we were leaving to walk to the restaurant.

Note - if you are parking and therefore paying for it with the room (cheaper that way), they said it was easier to come in, and get your parking ticket before heading to the lot, it just saves some accounting changes later for them I assume.

Room Tip: Inside courtyard rooms are quiet and not on any street
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thank you very much for sharing feedback with us via tripadvisor... we appreciate you taking the time! We are very happy to read your great comments regarding our hotel and service offering's. We always suggest our location is the best of any hotel in Halifax... its great to hear you agree!

On our parking situation... it is no more expensive to pay us directly but can work out to save you money if you will be using your vehicle during your stay. With our parking passes our guests are entitled to unlimited in and out access for the one price. Where as if you pay the parking garage directly you need to pay each time you exit... that can become very costly over the course of a number of uses.

Thanks again for choosing us and sharing such great feedback!

My coordinates are below... please feel free to contact me for any future reservation assistance.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed in the Delta Barrington for a week while on conference. It was great to be able to leave the hotel , cross the pedway and attend our conference at the World Trade centre without having to go outside. The hotel is not new and the architecture in the hotel rather funky but that makes it more interesting, at least to me. The hotel rooms were lovely, spacious and very clean. The staff very friendly and helpful. I stayed here with a group of people and the hotel staff graciously made sure that we were all on the same floor of the hotel and did this for us without being asked. The hotel is right downtown and close to everything that Halifax has to offer in the way of fun. You are a few blocks from the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and Alexander Keiths brewery to mention a few. I totally enjoyed the stay here and would go back on my next trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to read your comments and particularly happy with the feedback you have given on our service levels. Our staff are the best at what they do in Halifax. I will be sharing your feedback with them. Its fantastic to hear your comments on our location... its great being part of the downtown link!

Thank you for staying with us while attending your conference... we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2012

I've been visiting Halifax on business for the past 4 years at least 4 times a year for anything from 2 nights to 4 nights at a time and I always stay at the Delta Barrington. The staff is very helpful and make you feel welcomed. The rooms are clean, though they could use some updating and the walls could use some extra insulation. However, the location more than makes up for these issues.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Greeting's from Delta Barrington!

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing... and thank you for your continued loyalty! Our difference from the rest is our service levels and hotel location... we proudly boast those two attributes as the best Halifax has to offer.

Thanks again for sharing feedback... I hope to have a chance to say hi in person the next time you are in town.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed there last April. OK hotel but not the best Delta Hotel in Halifax (I stayed at the other Delta hotel previously and I preferred the other one)

Bottom line, Cleaner, nicer, newer, etc....

Still overall OK nothing to remember and talk about.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for taking the time post a review from your last stay back in April 2011. I am sorry to hear your comments on that experience. We do have two properties in Halifax and our goal is to have both offering products and services consistent with the Delta brand. My email address is below... please feel free to contact me directly to assist with your next reservation in Halifax... we would love a second chance to show you the true Delta difference!

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I visited the Delta Barrington last August while on business. I had booked it for two weeks and was given a room very close to a bar which was rather incovenient. The room was also very humid but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom spacious. I was on the gold floor and the breakfast had multiple choices. I switched hotel due to the noise and found something way better for the same price.

Room Tip: If you go, pick a room on the Barrington street side.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lucianozab
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Hello from Delta Barrington,

I am very sorry to hear about your stay with us from back in August 2011. I am very concerned to hear you had checked out mid stay and found accommodation at another hotel. At times it is hard for us to control the noise from our neighbors being centrally located in historic properties of Halifax... we do have sound tested windows albeit the base of an outdoor band is difficult to eliminate 100%. We do have room options that are facing an inner courtyard with windows that open... to provide fresh air in with a controlled environment free of any noise.

I am sorry we were not able to keep your business by offering an alternative room location. My email is below.. I encourage you to contact me directly to assist with any future Halifax reservations... we would really like an other opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Nice hotel with great reception. Gave toy to my 2 year old.

• Stayed: January 2012

Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for posting a review on tripadvisor from your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We love seeing kids come through our front doors and always keep some little gifts available for those special guests.

Thanks for choosing us! We look forward in welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Myself and my fiance decided we wanted to take a mini-vacation to Halifax to indulge in the Casino and enjoy a relaxing weekend. I am actually sitting in my room right now. I was so impressed with everything thus far that I had to review it right away.

We checked in last night around 7:30. To our surprise we had valet parking which was included in our package! The valet worker last night (wish I knew his name) was by far one of the nicest, most pleasant employees I have ever encountered at any hotel, anywhere.

When we went to check in, we had an issue with our debit card. Our bank had frozen funds as we had spent so much that day. We had no other form of payment and the bank was closed. The girl at the front desk was EXTREMELY accomodating and allowed us to use our room mates credit card (after he emailed her a photo of the card and permission to use it). She was also extremely nice, courteous and just a pleasure to deal with.

We only have one complaint thus far and that is about the food. We ordered room service for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. My fiance had Calamari and I had chicken fingers with a Caesar salad. The Calamari was slightly undercooked and not crispy like it should have been. The chicken fingers were overcooked and pretty bland. The salad was really good though. For breakfast he had an omelette which was really good but I ordered Eggs Benedict and I was quite disappointed. There was hardly any hollandaise sauce and it was flavorless. I had to add a good amount of salt to make it edible.

Also, we are smokers and would have liked to have the option for a smoking room, but sadly there are none. And our room is on the 3rd floor and a long walk from the elevator so it takes far too long to get outside which is frustrating.

Our number 1 complaint is about the TV. Whatever program they use for they television services is great for movies and keeping track of your charges, but if you want to just watch regular cable, it is a huge pain.

The rooms are very nice and very clean. The bed is extremely comfortable and it is pleasantly quiet.

We are extremely pleased with the overall stay so far, with the exception of the few things I mentioned above. The staff definitely make this place what it is. They are all really great!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for such prompt feedback from your recent stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you are doing.

There are many reputable hotels in Halifax... thank you for choosing us. Its great to hear your time away with us is just what you wanted in terms of getting away and re-energizing yourselves. Its great to hear your comments on our service levels and our ability to accommodate your requests. I am sorry to hear not all aspects of your food and beverage experience where completely to your satisfaction. My email is below I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss in grater detail that will provide us an opportunity to further investigate the mentioned issues.

Thanks again for choosing us!

Donnie