New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Toronto, Canada
“Home Away From Home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I like traveling and I stayed at the Atlantica a few weeks ago. I booked through Hotwire and got a great deal for my room! It's near a lot of stores and places to eat! There's a Canadian Tire, an Atlantic Superstore, the famous King of Donair, some ethnic restaurants (though I prefer Canadian food, like McDonalds), and even an 'adult' store if you're into that, but I'm not! LOL!

The staff were super friendly. They treated me so well I felt like I wasn't simply a customer, but more like a family member! The room was cozy but wasn't as clean and fresh as I'd prefer. There were food bits on the carpet and stains on the curtains - What an uh-oh SpaghettiOs moment that was for the cleaning staff!

The soaps in the bathroom smelled really good, just like my grandma's house! I can’t believe I used the entire little bottle of shampoo in one day! I never do that!! The shower was amazing! It was a fancy one with different water settings, just like what famous people such as Kim Kardashian have!

The view from my room was of an office building, the street, and a big park. Not the prettiest view, but it still looks neat from the 10th floor LOL!

The restaurant was really nice. They have tables next to the windows so you can watch people and cars while you eat! I had an egg dish for breakfast. It came with cheesy biscuits and even melon on the side - Yummo!!!11! With coffee and tip it came out to about $20 – I think I heard my pocketbook saying 'ouch' while I typed that! My server was really nice though. I forgot her name, but I think it was Suzie. God bless you Suzie!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TOScrapbooker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
cape breton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel in November 2011 for one week and the staff made my visit very enjoyable. They were super friendly and attentive to ensure my stay was the very best. My room was very clean and although I ran into a couple of issues (heating/air) the staff were on top of it immediately. Fantastic service all the way. Because of the service I will definitely be back! The room furniture was a bit dated but comfortable and clean. The food was tasty in the rest. with fast service. Nice pool, location. I will definitely return in the future and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I've stayed at the Atlantica several times both for business and pleasure. Their rooms are clean and the decor has been updated. This stay I had a king size bed and this could stand to be replaced. One side was sagging and the other side was just OK. But other than that the room was nice.

The staff are always friendly and the facilities are very good. The catering from Seasons restaurant never disappoints! The indoor parking is quite tight especially when driving an SUV or mini-van - if you have a pickup truck I don't think you'll be able to use the parking. And the gates into the parkade have a tendency not to open.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
South Ohio, NS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

Based on three recent visits in two classes of room (regular and exec suite), we have a highly favourable impression. Had excellent views of the Commons, bridges and northeast Halifax with two different seasonal vantages. Rooms were immaculate and had all necessities and more. The pool rates a very good although facilities attending it were a notch lower. Breakfasts at the Seasons Restaurant was enjoyable and very good for the price. Receptionists were friendly, attentive and remembered our previous visits (or the computer was fast). Location is convenient for most central Halifax events. Deserves above very good but two different experiences with night time noise from adjacent ice and vending machines spoiled otherwise top rate stays. This was not enough to keep us away but we will be more diligent about room location. (I wonder if online booking agents lead to lower rooms based on location?)

Stayed April 2012
Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed at The Atlantica in Halifax for 3 nights. Beautiful, clean with friendly, knowledgeable staff.

Room Tip: If you like jazz, there are often live bands. Check it out.