1,162 results
All reviews seasons restaurant hospital rate front desk staff hot tub dalhousie university breakfast buffet beds were comfortable downtown core close to downtown king bed free parking public gardens nova scotia atlantico commons qe2 surgery
Reviewed October 17, 2018

I was pleased with my room, the wifi worked well, my bed was comfy and I had a restful evening on a comfortable bed. Good location, barely 1km from Dalhousie University. On the corner of Robie and Quinpool, you have lots of choices for food (restaurants, Superstore) The breakfast buffet was included and it was better than I expected - lots of choice and good food. All staff members encountered were very courteous.

Note: There are a set of elevators leading to the rooms and another set of elevators that take you to various levels of the parking garage. I know I was confused so get one of the staff members to show you!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Was in town on a weekend business trip and was put up at this hotel which was new to me. Although not as 'central' as the Lord Nelson where they normally book me (apparently it was full), the room - although not 'newly' appointed -was extremely clean and comfortable. Nice Bed and QUIET. I was on the 14th floor and felt hermetically sealed in as the windows did not open (slightly disconcerting). The staff was pleasant - although it would have been good when I checked in that they told me breakfast was included with my room! The Breakfast buffet was good enough as was the dinner I had in their restaurant the first night I arrived. What was slightly lacking in food excellence was made up for by extremely courteous staff. On my other nights I found some fantastic local restaurants (Studio East Food and Drink and BlackSheep) that delighted ! I would gladly stay here again!

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is relatively good, with restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance. The management seem to be trying hard to be upscale but stained carpets, pink mold in the bathroom, and an overall air of neglect make that a losing battle. The food was good but I saw overflowing garbage cans in food service areas. The shower head was home to a colony of pink mold, actually a harmful bacterium. I won’t be returning to this property.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2018

We were early, so we didn't fault them for our room not being ready when we arrived. So we wandered around the hotel to check out the (meager) gym facilities. That's when we discovered the room they were going to put us in was on the 2nd floor, right outside all the meeting rooms for the hotel. The second floor of the hotel looks like the service entrance, grubby walls, paint peeling, carpeting buckled and worn. We went back to the reception desk and asked if we could be moved as we didn't want to be awakened by people accessing the meeting rooms. They moved us up one floor - but it took an extra hour for the room to be cleaned and made up. I heard someone at reception telling a potential guest they were all booked up for the weekend, but they had rooms that weren't cleaned at check in time? Anyway, the room was adequate, the bed was old and caved in the middle, the bathtub had mould around it and the caulking was coming off of the vanity /wall. The bathroom door was peeling at the bottom. Every time I turned off the shower I was afraid the spout was going to break off the wall. The carpet in the hallway outside our room was buckled really badly (tripping hazard). The whole hotel either needs a good clean or a refurb. Also, I think the hotel should tell you when outside your room on the 3rd floor there is a construction site with heavy equipment operating from 730 am until 730 pm and on the weekends! That was not okay. The beep, beep, beep of trucks backing up gets a little much. The restaurant was really good, we enjoyed the food there and the service was good, although I am sure the last night we were there the lobster roll we ordered at room service was that fake crab stuff and not actually lobster. We loved the area - it is really unique and quirky, but the hotel was a big disappointment. We won't stay there when we come back next year.

Room tip: go for the higher floors. whatever they are building out there won't be finished anytime soon.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

MaryEByb, thank you very much for taking the time to share constructive feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations and apologize for any inconvenience surrounding check in. Our hotel has been refreshed regularly over the years, however, we are excited that plans are in plans for more renovations later this year and into early 2019. Stay tuned for more details as plans are finalized. Hopefully you will reconsider and give us another try next year.
Warm regards
Colleen Forward
Director of Sales

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately my stay was due to a medical emergency. I was offered a very good hospital rate. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The room was very clean, the halls a bit tired but the location and staff was great. It was an easy walk for those that are able to the public gardens the citadel and Those that are fit downtown. Good breakfast and lots of restaurants on Quinpoll Rd. Many kudos

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear WInne Tavenier - We so very much appreciate your kind words and recognition of our team members. They are truly dedicated to providing our valued guests with warm, friendly and helpful service. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a pure pleasure visit.
Thank you again.