1,177 results
All reviews seasons restaurant hospital rate front desk staff dalhousie university breakfast buffet beds were comfortable downtown core close to downtown free parking king bed public gardens nova scotia atlantico commons qe2 surgery waterfront
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

My husband ended up needing emergency surgery after a car accident, and was in the QEII hospital for about 5 days. I was fortunate enough to get a room at the Atlantica over the long weekend. It was comfortable, and the night I checked in, there was a lovely desk clerk who was incredibly comforting and encouraging when I desperately needed it. Though I find the hotel quite pricey, I did appreciate the discount they gave me because of the family member in the hospital, along with food vouchers and free parking.
The beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms well stocked and the shower water pressure was delightful. It was a great spot to rest up between hospital visits, and everyone was quite accommodating.
4 stars because though it’s a nice hotel, I do feel it is priced pretty high. I do realize location is everything, and it was well located close to historic Halifax, but even with the discount, it was priced on the high end of my budget. Also, not all of the desk people were the most helpful, but overall my stay was fantastic and a huge help during a trying time!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Barry G, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Dear Amy H,

Thanks so much for your 4 star review of Atlantica Hotel Halifax.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our very competitive Hospital Stay rates

Thank you also for your comments on our staff and the comfort of our guestrooms and your overall positive experience. We do hope all is well following your husband's surgery.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Atlantica Hotel Halifax on future visits to Halifax.

Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been staying with you everytime we are in Halifax. We are never disappointed! Yes alright, the hotel is a bit old but, we are served properly everytime. The rooms are clean and I highly recommend the spinach dip at the restaurant. Yum!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Barry G, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

Dear J8402ECcaroliner,

Thanks so much for your review of your recent stay at Atlantica Hotel Halifax. It was a pleasure having you with us.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you are never disappointed when staying with us.

Our team here at Atlantica works each and every day to provide great service to our guests and we were pleased you are happy in all aspects of your stay. I will pass along your comments to our Chef on the spinach dip!

Moving forward, we do have some exciting plans in place for some upgrades and renovations for the property and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 6, 2018

We popped into the city for the night and booked a room at Atlantica. There were four of us and our stay was very enjoyable. Front desk and housekeeping were excellent. Location is great in the city across from hospital and only a short cab ride from the Wharf, Casino or any other attraction you wish to attend.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Barry G, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2018

Dear JoBC1,

Thanks so much for your review of the Atlantica Hotel Halifax.

We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our Front Desk and housekeeping departments. We appreciate the great feedback.

As you know, being central located in Halifax, we are the perfect location from which to explore all that Halifax has to offer.

We do hope to welcome you back to Atlantica Hotel Halifax in the near future.

Barry Gallant
Director of Sales
Atlantica Hotel Halifax

Reviewed December 2, 2018

It was my first journey after i landed in Canada,me and my friend Jeo went Halifax to enquire about a program transfer in Dalhousie University.We reached there on a wednesday night and looked for a nice hotel to stay that night and go to university next day.It wasn't a difficult task for us to find a stay because everyone we asked for it said one answer 'Atlantica Hotel'.We also came to know that it is situated just 1km away from the university,so without any doubt we choose this hotel.At the first glance itself,we understood that why all the people are suggesting it and why it remains among one of the best 4 star rated hotels in Halifax.It is a 232 room hotel but also almost everyone of the rooms were filled.The services they offer are top notch.The hospitality itself is great.There are many employees working but i didn't see any rude ones there.If we ask any doubt or something they are always happy to clear it.Thanks to the main chef and assistants in the kitchen who made delicious food for us.The supper that night included one appetizer,main dish,desert in which the desert was the one i loved the most.After our food,we went to bed,there were two queen size beds one,bathroom,wardrobe.Everything was neat and clean.Arrangements were super awesome.Anyway,we were tired after the long journey,so we went to deep sleep soon.In the morning after our breakfast we left there.Overall,it was a super cool experience and awesome journey which i won't forget.

Date of stay: October 2018
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2018

Dear subinmcj,

Thanks so much for your recent Trip Advisor review of Atlantica Hotel Halifax.

We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us upon your arrival to Halifax with your friend Jeo. It was also wonderful to hear that our hotel came highly recommended to you.

We are located close to local universities, including Dalhousie, as you know, and are always pleased to welcome guests from the University.

Thank you for your kind comments on our top notch service and hospitality. We always try to provide the best service and enjoy the positive feedback we receive from our valued guests.

I will ensure that I pass along your comments to our Chef and his team regarding your great culinary experiences while here at the hotel.

Thank you subinmcj for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Atlantica Hotel Halifax in the future.

All the best,

Barry Gallant
Director of Sales

Reviewed November 11, 2018

Went to Halifax for a wedding I wanted a cheaper place to stay so chose this hotel ,
They were really nice about letting me check in early , I was happy about that .
The tv remote didn’t work then the signal went on the tv .went to call front desk only to find the phone didn’t even work .Used my cell phone to call down ,they did send someone up right away ,the maintenance man was more concerned about fixing the phone we told him we didn’t care about that as much as the tv ,he got the tv and remote fixed .
Also I noticed the clock wasn’t working either ,but I got a good deal on this place ,room was clean , front staff nice so it was fine but probably wouldn’t stay again .also charge for parking .

Date of stay: November 2018