1,704 results
All reviews warm cookies bathroom mirror rain shower suite hotel self parking living room valet service hollis street small kitchenette maritime museum within walking distance harbour view two blocks front desk staff excellent location beautiful hotel sitting area
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great! You are right by the waterfront and there are lots of great restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries and more all within a few minutes walk.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and eager to make your stay with them and your visit to Halifax as pleasant as possible.

I stayed in a king room which had an eating area, business area, living area, large bedroom and large washroom which had access from both the bedroom and living area. They are modern, clean and have all the amenities.

This was my first time staying here but it will be my 'go to' hotel for any future trips.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
444JamieB, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Good morning Heidi E S and thank you for giving us a try. I am happy to hear that you were not disappointed and your visit went beyond your expectations. I will be sure to pass along your comments and praise to the team as they look forward to reading these review. That said, I thank you on their behalf.

We look forward to being your hotel of choice when in the City.

Thank you for the review and all the best.

Reviewed February 6, 2019

I frequently visit Halifax and this is always my 'go-to' hotel. The rooms are amazing, staff couldn't be nicer and I often struggle to understand why anyone would stay anywhere else. I've visited just about every hotel in Halifax, and you can't beat The Hollis based on value, location, quality of the lobby and rooms..etc, etc, etc.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good morning Stay38193765917,

I would like to thank you for your visit and loyalty. We appreciate being your hotel of choice when in the City so thank you for that also.

Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed February 5, 2019

Downtown Halifax Hotel with unique layout with separate bedroom and living room spaces, including breakfast area. Modern furnishings and huge walk-in shower. Great location near Mountain Equipment Coop Store and various shops and restaurants nearby on Hollis Street.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Good morning Getaway58498211845 and thank you for your visit and the time you took to complete your review. We appreciate both very much and are elated to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again, if you find yourself back in the area.

All the best and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 30, 2019

Excellent hotel for downtown core we walked to many restaurants and there is shopping in the area . Hoenestly good vaue for suite we were 7 people and had two suites very comfortable . The pullout need a pad on them ask for that and do not plan to sleep more than one on there . very coily

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
444JamieB, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2019

Good morning sue c and thank you to you and your group for staying with us at The Hollis Halifax. We certainly appreciate your choice and the time you took to complete your review.

We hope to see you again if you find yourself back in the City.

Until then, all the best!

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

I had a conference here and the amenities were great. Service was good and the room was nice. As it it downtown and close to the water location was excellent. It was my first time in Halifax and nice to walk from the hotel to the pier.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
444JamieB, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Good morning E2759UDkellyd,

I would like to thank you for allowing us to be a part of your conference visit to Halifax! Thank you also for your review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, if you find yourself back in the City!