““Simply Beautiful””

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed here with my wife and 2 children for a weekend. This beautiful 4 star hotel receives a 5 star rating from us.
This is a fresh modern hotel with spacious well decorated rooms and spotless bathrooms. The large crystal clean pool was a hit with the children along with the free DVD rentals. The free breakfast was the best we’ve ever had. A great selection of hot and cold items. The service was excellent! Front desk staff were amazing! The welcome that we received from Nimfa was such a delight. Housekeeping was on top of everything and always with a smile! For the price that we paid, this hotel’s complimentary services exceeded our expectations. We tried the lobster at their on-site restaurant and it was delicious.
I checked out their meeting facilities and they are immaculate. I will be returning for business as I have reserved one of their meeting spaces for our upcoming AGM meeting.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank stevetruthseeker
There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Reviewed 19 January 2012

All rooms have microwave and mini refrigerator. Included breakfast offered lots of choice in hot and cold food and beverages. Great value! Although this is not a downtown location, there are many restaurants and a multiplex cinema nearby plus lots of shopping. Although I prefer a downtown location, the combination of value and nearby amenities make this an excellent choice - one of the best hotel values in the greater Halifax area.

Room Tip: All rooms have microwave and mini refrigerator. Included breakfast offered lots of choice in hot and...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed here in December of 2011. Staff were very friendly. The rooms were nice, very clean and quiet. The hot breakfast in the morning (free) was great too. I would definately recommend this hotel...and I am picky :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I have stayed at alot of hotels in the past year due to business and a family member ill , but have never experienced such great service as I recieved from front desk staff ! They were super friendly , chatted it up with me, it was like I knew them forever . The room was beautiful , free movies , blue-ray player in my room, free full breakfast , free internet , my favorite part was getting to make my own waffles , ;) prices were great , building was super clean , housekeeping staff was even super sweet , I would recommend this to everyone , and have . You will never find a greater place to stay, I will be staying there from now on when I visit the city . I think this is the best place to stay in the city , and after staying here all other hotels would be a disappointment. Look forward to my next stay which will be very soon , ;)

Room Tip: I cant see any room being a disappointment , the facility is beautiful .
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Michelledddd
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We decided last minute to spend the night in Halifax on a shopping trip. Because its been a few years since we've been to Halifax, I looked at tripadvisor reviews. This hotel was rated number one, this surprised us a little as it isn't in the downtown core. We booked here because of location. Comfort Hotel is located on the western part of the city right in the big box shopping, IMAX theatre area. Perfect for us.

The first thing we noticed when we got to the lobby was how clean and new smelling the hotel is. Nima checked us in. She is a lovely woman who immediately told us she upgraded us from a regular King room to a suite at a no extra charge. We were delighted to hear this. She then gave us complimentary beverage coupons for the little bar in the hotel, as well as gave us a coupon for 10% off in the restaurant, told us we had complimentary soft drinks in our room, and mentioned the free hot breakfast. First impressions, great. We arrived in the lovely junior suite on fourth floor, room 408. The room had an extremely comfortable king sized bed, nice little sitting area with a sofa(bed), free wifi, decent sized bathroom, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a 42" flat screen tv.

As for the breakfast, it's a nicely decorated room with adequate seating, a flat screen tv and selection, there were pancakes, sausages, waffle maker, scrambled eggs, potatoes, yogurt, some fresh fruit, three cold cereal choices, pastries, coffee, and juice. we were impressed. Especially as we find Canadian hotels are usually lacking when it comes to the complimentary breakfasts.

I don't have any negative comments about this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming into Halifax. It isn't in the downtown core but Halifax isn't a large city and it's really easy driving on the 102 to anything you want to reach downtown. We will definitely stay here again. It's great value at $99 nightly.

Room Tip: Ask about an upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank countdown6
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times now. Unbeleivable service from the front desk, housekeeping staff and the restaurant.

3 times in a row- Clean rooms, Great breakfast, exceptional service and overall a wonderful experience at a very reasonable price.

By far, the place to stay at if you are in Halifax. Just wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2011

First an foremost we would like to say that we were their on our Honeymoon last June and the service, respect and hospitality given to my Husband and I during our stay was so fantastic and two very special people who work their named NIMFA and MARK BARRETT went above and beyond their jobs to make our stay as special, memorable and an exceptially pleasent expierience we will cherish for the rest of our lives... We wish to come there again for our 1st wedding anniversary on June, 21st , 2012 and look forward to seeing NIMFA and MARK BARRETT during our stay as well as the staff in their restaurant inside the hotel which was indeed a very beautiful atmosphere and service was such a wonderful expierience as well...We would recommend anyone who may be planning on going to Halifax stay at this Comfort Hotel @ 88 chain lake drive, Bayers Lake Buissness Park , Halifax Nova Scotia we promise you will be pleased by the exceptional treatment you will recieve from the staff in the hotel and their restaurant inside the comfort hotel ...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple