“Great Fish & Chips”

Ranked #93 of 760 Restaurants in Halifax
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We “discovered” this delightful fish and chips restaurant tucked in beside the Hydrostone this evening. Nice atmosphere. Friendly and efficient service. Good food. Had a lovely meal and definitely plan to return.

1  Thank huntersbro

Reviewed 23 July 2017

my GPS gave me as this as a close seafood restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised by this quiet location, the food and service were outstanding, I so enjoyed lunch that I came back for Supper, will visit again next time I'm in Halifax.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Personnel coming in on cruise ships who want to experience awsome fish and chips maritime finest. Check out Wilimans Fish and Chips be sure to try the sea food chowder you will not be disappointed. Take a taxie from Pier 21 and tell driver Wilmans well known by locals, you will not be disappointed my favourite place so enjoy and tell your friends.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Dropped into this iconic Halifax diner with my dad. He loves clams and chips and for his special day, I asked him 'where are the best' and he said 'Willman's'. It was my first time there. He order the clams and chips, which were superb with fresh cut potato fries. I'm a veggie, so I ordered the spinach salad and a veggie pizza. Superb ingredients, fresh and well prepared. The staff were so friendy from start to finish. We had a wheelchair and they pointed me to the ramp entrance when they saw us outside going the wrong way. A great setup and so accessible. They were so welcoming. The place is super clean and cozy with lots of windows looking onto the street and historic Hydrostone neighborhood. They are licensed. I don't have wine at lunch, but the summary of their list sounded great and I plan to enjoy some when I go back for dinner sometime with other family members who go there. This place has it all - good location, clean and comfortable room, such pleasant staff, super food served quickly and at a good price point. I was very impressed with the menu options for the veggies like me. I will try the sweet potato fries next time. I will be back!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I had dinner here twice when we were on holiday -- and that's saying a lot because we're picky eaters. BUT after our first dinner here on our first night, we were blown away by their Digby clam fry and everything else we tried in other establishments paled in comparison. And it's not only the clamfry that's really good, their fish and chips are also delicious. So much so that I even got my 6 y.o. daughter to try it and she asked for it again the next time we had dinner there on our last night. Definitely a must try when you're in Halifax!

1  Thank Karen B