“Night out”

Harbour City Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbour City Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: A New Berth for Local Cuisine - Chef Andy Camm and his culinary team push the creative boundaries while maintaining a commitment in seeking out local farmers, fishers, and other producers who demonstrate the same care and attention in refining our ingredients as we do in preparing them. Our commitment to supporting local does not end with our food. With one of Halifax’s largest selections of local craft beers, Nova Scotia wines, and spirits you can truly indulge in a unique dining experience, paired to perfection.Our service philosophy is to provide warm, friendly, impeccable service, ensuring our guests truly experience Maritime hospitality.A memorable dining experience awaits you, whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.*Restaurant of the Year, Dessert of the Year, & NS Wine List of the Year ~ in the Chronicle HeraldJoin us for dinner and receive complimentary 2 hour parking in Scotia Square!
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to give them a second try after a not so great experience. Tonight's meal was fabulous! The service was top-notch, the mussels app was super tasty (we wanted to spoon out the broth) and the main course was superb. We had the Arctic char was second to none with an amazingly crisped skin and tender flaky inside. The turnip purée with arugula was a perfect pairing.

The chef can out and asked if we enjoyed our food. This was another nice touch.

Great time!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I ate/worked at the bar here numerous times over the past few months and was never disappointed. The service was fantastic (thank you, Brian!), and the food was always good. I highly recommend the Lobster Club and make sure to try the bread basked which comes with housemade flavoured butters.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I am a very patient person but waiting TWO HOURS for our food is just ludacris. We arrived at 7 in the evening, waited for 15 minutes to be given the drinks menu, waited another 45 minutes for our drinks to be served (Is that how long it takes to pour a glass of beer?) Around 8:15pm most of us got our APPETIZER after 1 hour and 15 minutes. I talked to a server just to follow up on our order and she told me that they have a group of 24 at the back that's why it is taking forever for our food to be served. I understand that you are busy but you should have been prepared knowing that its New Year's Eve and most of the people there made a reservation ahead of time and giving me that reason is not enough to make us wait for TWO HOURS. My friends decided to cancel our order at 9pm because they weren't hungry at all. Totally a night ruiner.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Went there for lunch as a group. They had a nice fancy buffet set up fr Christmas, but they also had 10 items for $10.00. I had the pork sandwich and upgraded for $3.00 for a French onion soup, and it was $13.00 plus tax and tip, not too bad.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Great service by Greg and Mohammad during dinner. Food tasted great but portion sizes needs work. Main course was 5 bites of protein and a few sprigs of veg. We're not huge eaters (both fit and health conscious) but needed more. Mohammad went above and beyond to ensure our satisfaction and dealt with the issue. Because of his efforts we will go back for another try.