“SURPRISE!!”

Ranked #1 of 19 Dessert in Halifax
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed September 16, 2018

The surprise was on us unfortunately. We planned a special night with five lovely ladies, four of whom are Yoga teachers. We all agreed that cheesecake would be the perfect way to celebrate the 70th birthday of our special friend. After paying a compliment to one of the waitresses we soon noticed some hurtful, rude and very uncomfortable comments directed to us by the staff. How is it that a few insecure women could totally misconstrue a compliment by 5 of the least judgemental women you will ever know and turn an otherwise perfect evening into an absolute nightmare! Staff should all be ashamed of themselves and treat themselves to some Yoga to balance their Doshas. Cheesecake was ok, but overpriced.

2  Thank Stayinthelight

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Sweet Hereafter, and we were not disappointed. We were happy to see they were open until 11pm, so we stopped in after leaving a party. I had the blueberry lemon cheesecake and a coconut white tea, my husband had Black Forest cheesecake and a berry tea. Everything was fantastic. The cheesecakes were the perfect density, and the flavours were great. Service was also prompt and friendly. We will be visiting again the next time we are visiting Halifax.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Best cheesecake in HRM by a long shot. Price is reasonable when compared to quality and serving ratio. Staff knew their stuff and the cheesecake was phenomenal. The only downside, through no fault of their own, is location and nearby parking on Quinpool

1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed August 18, 2018

This was my first visit and I loved it here. The staff are so nice! I like the fancy decor, it has a posh touch to it. The cheesecake was delicious and rich, we shared a piece of the chocolate kind, and I had some hot water in a tall glass mug with a handle. I liked everything about this place. We sat at a nice table for two next to a sparkly mirror and some nice damask wallpaper. It's a great place to go if you want to treat yourself to something special for an hour in the evening.

1  Thank lemonchess
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife chose this place for her mother’s 70th birthday celebration as we had been many times and loved the cheesecake. Their party was treated poorly from the start. She personally felt some were even discriminated against by a particular waitress. In conversation some mentioned to the waitress that she looked like a beautiful popular actress. When my wife went to pay she was scolded by the owner while the waitress glared at her and she questioned her moral judgement because the actress who my wife was referring to happens to be overweight. The owner wasn’t even present when this occurred and could have dealt with it in a much better way. My wife would NEVER mean it in that way and apologized repeatedly and has felt horrible ever since. This ruined a milestone celebration. It’s sad that nowadays you can’t pay someone a compliment without it being twisted. If you feel like crappy service while being discriminated against and morally judged just for an overpriced piece of cheesecake then this place is for you.

2  Thank joelricher