We stayed in Hi-Halifax for four nights. First of all, the price of this hostel is awesome. I think we paid less than $30 a night each total, which is great considering it was in the middle of July! The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hostel itself is a very charming building. It has a lot of character, and there are a lot of common spaces to relax and hang out in. There is no breakfast, but there is a big kitchen and a supermarket right down the street. However, we did see a mouse in the kitchen at one point (but this comes with it being an old building).
The best part of the hostel was the location. It was a quick walk to the boardwalk, waterfront, and basically anywhere downtown that you would want to go! There are many restaurants and a nice coffee shop just a few doors down too.
Our room was in the basement, which was nice because it stayed relatively cool. However, because we were right by the balcony outside, it was often noisy, and smelled like cigarette smoke. Besides that, the room was spacious, the lockers were big, and the beds were actually very comfy!
This is probably one of the best values in Halifax, and we'd recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HI-Halifax is located 200m from the bus and train station, we are right in the middle of the downtown area, within 15 minute walk of all that Halifax has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your HI-Halifax Heritage House Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi-Halifax Heritage House Hotel Halifax
- HI-Halifax Heritage House Hostel Nova Scotia