All reviews korean restaurant free parking close to downtown rooftop patio bed was comfortable citadel pros
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Room was dark. Bathroom needed a variety of repairs (toilet seat broken; drain plug broken; ceiling air vent hanging down and couldn't be put back in place; spider and its web at bottom of shower). No place to hang up clothes. Middle drawer in 3-drawer chest had no knob. Shower was reasonable. Front desk staff were pleasant

Room tip: Wouldn't know.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Commons Inn, which was enough. The rate was very decent, but the bathroom was tiny and dark. The whole building seems dated, and a lot of the photos in other reviews seem to be from a much better quality room than what we were given. Most of the appliances in our room were plugged into one outlet with a multi outlet adapter (didn't strike me as safe). I tried plugging my phone into another outlet to charge but the outlet box actually moved inside the wall - needless to say I didn't leave it plugged in there. The room was an okay size, the bed wasn't comfortable, and truthfully we didn't try the shower in the morning because it was dark in the stall. The continental breakfast was nothing special, just okay. The staff was friendly, but parking was a pain... the inn by no means has enough spaces for all the rooms. The lack of an elevator didn't bother us, and the inn is conveniently located a short enough walk to downtown Halifax. Overall I'm unlikely to stay here again or recommend it to others, the lower rate wasn't worth the lower quality stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank dreamingwolfdesigns
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

There is no elevator and you have to carry your suitcases up the stairs. The property is old and poorly maintained. i.e. sloping floors, ripped carpets, suspect wiring, etc.
I would not stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I had a booking for last night, the room was very dirty, stains on the chairs and the wall behind the bed and bath room walls. Very dusty (a/c hasn’t been cleaned in months) parking lot was over crowded. Smoke detector in the ceiling was falling down, everything was plugged into the one wall outlet (fridge/ microwave/ tv/ ac) needless to say we packed our bags and moved to another hotel. Even if there’s no where else to stay I would never sleep here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Dirty and nothing is up to date. Pictures on website a false, nothing like it in person. Would rather sleep in my car or on the side of the road. Looks like it wasn’t cleaned in months. Would not recommend this to anyone. Stains, holes, and bad electrical

Date of stay: September 2018