“Fun tour with excellent intro to Halifax”
Review of I Heart Bikes

I Heart Bikes
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the best of Halifax by Bike. I Heart Bikes offers guided tours of Halifax and outside nature areas, bike rentals, and a retail shop. Their bicycle tours are the best way to experience Halifax, whether you are looking for sightseeing attractions, cruise ship shore excursions, a fun and interactive history lesson, or simply looking to experience the green side of the city.
Brevard, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun tour with excellent intro to Halifax”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

On a recent Sunday, we ended up with a private tour for the two of us with Sarah. It was a beautiful day and Sarah was a wonderful , enthusiastic guide. I highly recommend this. Easy riding, except for a few challenging, but doable uphills.
My only disappointment was the lunch spot, as from the tour description I thought we were stopping at an area with a number of choices, etc. But it was Sunday and perhaps this was one of the only open restaurants. Food was good, but basically burritos or quesadillas

Bainbridge Island, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Fun Guide”
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We had a family group of 8 people coming off a Holland America cruise that stopped in Halifax. Since I've done bike tours around the world, I know they usually are a great way to see the city and that was true in Halifax.

The IHeartBikes crew was super-organized, emailing me before to get us all pre-paid and get our measurements so bikes were ready for us when we disembarked around 10 AM on a Monday. It's an easy 10 - 15 minute walk from the cruise ship terminal along the waterfront boardwalk to the colorful and well-marked I Heart Bikes office right on the walking / biking trail.

We did a six-hour tour of the city, which included all the sites and lunch (paid on our own). The route was for the most part pretty easy, with only a few challenging uphills (especially getting to the fort - but it's only about 3 blocks and I just walked my bike up). Our group was mostly folks in their fifties, most definitely not power riders.

Our guide, Ashleigh, had designed the tour we did and was very engaging and fun.

1 Thank MichaelJKelly
“4 hours bike tour”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Elsa was a fabulous tour guide. She was very well informed about Halifax and it's history. We saw many places around the city we would never have visited without Elsa. We felt very safe biking though the city streets with our guide. Booking the tour online was easy. Equipment they gave us was excellent.
Thanks to Elsa and I Heart Bikes for a fun day in Halifax.

Spicer, Minnesota
“Great Place to Rent a Bike”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience traveling throughout Nova Scotia with a rental car and a bike from I Heart Bikes. Sarah was so helpful in sizing and picking out the bike--I'm glad I had a hybrid! She was super helpful and the price was reasonable--the experience was priceless!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Great bike tour company and good way to see the city in their 4 hour tour”
Reviewed 19 August 2016

I heart bikes did not disappoint in their customer service including Kerewyn the guide and the condition of the bikes. They totally aim to please. Biking is a great way to see the city . The actual tour was average in that it is mostly just biking through the city with a few interesting stops. such as the The Citadel, the beautiful Park, and the City Gardens. There was not a lot to look at on the busy streets that we travelled, but it was great to get a feel for the different interesting neighborhoods of Halifax. It did seem like we ran out of things to see in our 4 hour tour. Looking forward to seeing the other sites and attractions in Halifax that were not included on this bike tour . And next time we will sample the ice cream at Dee Dees where we stopped for a delicious lunch.

Sarah C, Owner at I Heart Bikes, responded to this review, 13 September 2016
Thank you for your review Ellie. If you have any suggestions on other destinations and sites we could include on our 4hr tour we would love that. We think this tour is the most comprehensive of Halifax so we are surprised to hear that you didn't feel there was much to look at or enough information. If you like please send us an email at info@iheartbikeshfx.com . Thanks so much for joining us!