“Great excursion”
Review of I Heart Bikes

I Heart Bikes
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the best of Halifax by Bike. I Heart Bikes offers guided tours of Halifax and outside nature areas, bike rentals, and a retail shop. Their bicycle tours are the best way to experience Halifax, whether you are looking for sightseeing attractions, cruise ship shore excursions, a fun and interactive history lesson, or simply looking to experience the green side of the city.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great excursion”
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful time. I rented an electric bike to haul the bags and my wife rented a premium hybrid. With the electric bike we were able to reach spectacular views we could not have reached on just regular bikes including Lunenburg, Hirttle Beach, Stonehurst and Lawrencetown beach. We had a communication glitch upon arrival that Ihearts made go away so we had a wonderful start and fabulous 7 day trip. Highly recommend.

Visited September 2016
1 Thank John L
Sarah C, Owner at I Heart Bikes, responded to this review, 15 September 2016
Thank you the great review John! It was a true pleasure to have you both as customers. Happy to hear you had such a great time.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

If you want to see Halifax I suggest you take one of their bike tours not only was it very interesting and informative, it was great fun to see the city. I highly recommend this as a way to see Halifax. Thank you

Visited September 2016
Brevard, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun tour with excellent intro to Halifax”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

On a recent Sunday, we ended up with a private tour for the two of us with Sarah. It was a beautiful day and Sarah was a wonderful , enthusiastic guide. I highly recommend this. Easy riding, except for a few challenging, but doable uphills.
My only disappointment was the lunch spot, as from the tour description I thought we were stopping at an area with a number of choices, etc. But it was Sunday and perhaps this was one of the only open restaurants. Food was good, but basically burritos or quesadillas

Bainbridge Island, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Tour, Fun Guide”
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We had a family group of 8 people coming off a Holland America cruise that stopped in Halifax. Since I've done bike tours around the world, I know they usually are a great way to see the city and that was true in Halifax.

The IHeartBikes crew was super-organized, emailing me before to get us all pre-paid and get our measurements so bikes were ready for us when we disembarked around 10 AM on a Monday. It's an easy 10 - 15 minute walk from the cruise ship terminal along the waterfront boardwalk to the colorful and well-marked I Heart Bikes office right on the walking / biking trail.

We did a six-hour tour of the city, which included all the sites and lunch (paid on our own). The route was for the most part pretty easy, with only a few challenging uphills (especially getting to the fort - but it's only about 3 blocks and I just walked my bike up). Our group was mostly folks in their fifties, most definitely not power riders.

Our guide, Ashleigh, had designed the tour we did and was very engaging and fun.

1 Thank MichaelJKelly
“4 hours bike tour”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Elsa was a fabulous tour guide. She was very well informed about Halifax and it's history. We saw many places around the city we would never have visited without Elsa. We felt very safe biking though the city streets with our guide. Booking the tour online was easy. Equipment they gave us was excellent.
Thanks to Elsa and I Heart Bikes for a fun day in Halifax.