“A Great Tour!”
Review of I Heart Bikes

I Heart Bikes
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the best of Halifax by Bike. I Heart Bikes offers guided tours of Halifax and outside nature areas, bike rentals, and a retail shop. Their bicycle tours are the best way to experience Halifax, whether you are looking for sightseeing attractions, cruise ship shore excursions, a fun and interactive history lesson, or simply looking to experience the green side of the city.
Hoschton, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A Great Tour!”
Reviewed 17 October 2016

If you love biking and want to see all the local areas of importance this is the way to go! Friendly people, lots of information and a scenic tour packed with good information! This is the best way to see the area whether you are there for the day or a week. Location is easy to find from the cruise port. Highly recommend!

Regina, Canada
“great tour!”
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We did the two hour bike tour with Elsa. She was fun, informative and very hospitable. It was a great way to see parts of this City from a different perspective. We would highly recommend the tour.

Visited October 2016
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Fun Bike Tour through Halifax”
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Instead of a cruise excursion, we booked this 2-hour bike tour at I Heart Bikes, while in Halifax. On our tour was just one vacationing couple + 2 of us + Elsa, our charming guide, who kept us informed & entertained, and was very conscientious in keeping us safe. All 4 of us on the tour were mid-50s or older, and it wasn't a problem for any of us.
From the cruise ship (SeaPort), this is a 0.6 mile scenic walk along the harbor on the boardwalk, to the bright-yellow shipping container that is I Heart Bikes. EZ to get to. You'll get a 7-speed bike with front basket for your stuff, bottle of water, and they'll fit you with a helmet.
We went so many places in 2 hours. Boardwalk, busy parts of the city, Point Pleasant Park, the Public Gardens, some nice bike trails, the new (& I think only) bike path in the city, the new Library, and the Citadel, which I think is the highest point in the city. We all handled the steep climb to the Citadel; it was good exercise!
The stops are all short, of course, but we fit a lot into this tour and got many great pictures. Learned a lot of history, and saw a lot of the city in the best way possible. If you can handle a bike, then this is the tour for you. If you want more of a workout, schedule the 4-hour (there's a longer one too) instead. This one was just right for us.

Visited October 2016
San Francisco
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good value and nice way to see Halifax”
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We were here for the day as a stop on a cruise. We did the 2 hour guided bike ride and it seemed like the perfect way to see the city.

The bikes were in good condition and the price for the bike tour seemed like a good value. Got a bit of exercise...but not too strenuous!

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great staff, good gear - long drive to Cabot Trail”
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We rented bikes for several days to ride the Cabot Trail on Cape Brenton Island. The staff was enthusiastic and helpful as we prepared for our adventure. The hybrid bikes were used but very functional, some of the other equipment showed some wear & tear. I had made a mistake in the dates, but the staff was able to put everything together in a short period of time. I would highly recommend the folks at I Heart BIkes for bike rentals in Halifax. That being said, if you are looking to bike the Cabot Trail, you may want to consider looking for bike rentals closer to the trail. It may make the logistics a little easier.