“Best veggie burger I’ve ever eaten...”
Review of 2 Doors Down

2 Doors Down
Ranked #8 of 809 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your neighbourhood restaurant in the heart of downtown Halifax, bringing a fresh, modern style of casual dishes using a local and seasonal ingredient base. We believe the simplest and most familiar dishes can be prepared in ways that commit them to memory. Working closely with Nova Scotia farmers and artisan food producers, our menus change with the seasons and attempt to showcase local produce with globally inspired flavours.
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I’m not a vegetarian but do enjoy veggie dishes... this veggie burger was the best I ever tasted and the other food, drinks, servers were great too.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We ate here whilst on holiday. We wanted somewhere away from harbour and inevitable fried seafood. We had a fabulous meal - we ate the paneer curry and the halibut special. Both were absolutely delicious. If you want a treat, and to be looked after really well, this is a must.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We visited this restaurant on a Friday evening in July while in Halifax on vacation. It was a recommendation from a NS friend and we were not disappointed. We arrived around 7 pm and were quickly seated at a table for 2. The restaurant was busy but not overly full although it started to fill up by about 8 pm. I had a cocktail that was on special and my partner a local beer. Both were delicious. For my main course I had the Oulton's Smoked Pork Chop - it was huge! The pork chop was cooked perfectly and balanced on a large-ish log of fried mac & cheese. My partner had the Smokehouse Burger, which was also good but VERY messy. If you're someone who doesn't like to get their hands dirty while eating, don't order this! I could not finish my meal as it was so large and so we unfortunately had no room for dessert. Overall it was a good meal out and I would go here again.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

My 13 year old granddaughter and I arrived at 6:00 to an empty restaurant. There were 3 choices of tables for 2. Two were beside posts. The third was beside a window. We chose the window option. I felt like we had been bad and were in the corner. We were next to the staff section of the restaurant. I faced an unpainted wall covered in clumped multiple electric outlets. The rest of the restaurant was still empty!
The waiter came to ask us if we had any questions. I did not and proceeded to order. My granddaughter politely said to him "I don't have any questions about the menu but what is the password for the internet".
"Aren't you ordering food?" was the reply.
She replied "I am but I need a few more minutes".
He left and never came back.
We left.
What a strange energy and dynamic in this restaurant!. All the other restaurants where we ate in Halifax had very friendly and helpful staff.

1  Thank lynnP1113XD
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Top quality ingredients prepared thoughtfully and perfect blend of spices. Absolutely delicious. We recommend it...don't hesitate. Something here for everyone.