Open Top Private Tours
Review Highlights
Custom Jeep tour

We booked this tour as soon as we saw our cruise itinerary. Karl Dias was great and easy to work... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2019
uomark
Phoenix, Arizona
The BEST TOUR in Halifax-Peggys Cove

Booked a private tour with Karl and Jim of Open Top Tours. We had a group of 8 and used a Jeep and... read more

Reviewed June 22, 2019
Wronkolada
Atlanta
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We decided at the last minute to try to get a tour to Peggy's Cove. I emailed Open Top Tours late the night before we wanted to go on the tour. Karl replied quickly with a tour time for the next day. We confirmed and were not disappointed. Mark was the tour guide and he was excellent! We had a fabulous lobster lunch in addition to several unexpected stops along the way! This was the highlight of our stay in Halifax! It is well worth the price because you can customize what you do the whole time. Loved it!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Mel from Open Top Private Tours took us on a tour to Lunenberg & Mahone Bay on July 17th, On the way he also stopped by at Queensland, Chester & a sweets shop, he explained clearly of all the sights and also took good care of our family, He provided us with warm towels & Umbrella and also stopped by patiently whenever requested for photo shooting. I would recommend Open Top Tours to anyone who is looking for a good sightseeing experience with comfort of private travel. My family had a great time.....

Kudos to Earl & Mel on their good Job ! I wish them a successful & healthy life.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Sathish R
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I had the joy of a personalized tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove. Karl from Open Top tours went out of his way to accomodate our interest in a couple of sights not regularly on the route. Additional stops at beautiful Prospect Bay, the Swissair Flight 111 memorial, and lunch at Rhubarb in Indian Cove enhanced the experience. It was a very personal and comfortable way to see the sights and learn about the area. A wonderful alternative to the crowded tours provided by the cruise lines. Karl's love of Nova Scotia was very evident. He not only made us glad we toured with him, but made us want to come back.

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a great day exploring the Lighthouse Route, including Chester, Lunenberg, Mahone Bay and a brief visit to the Titanic gravesite. Mel was a fun and engaged tour guide/driver and kept the 3 teenaged girls I was travelling with entertained with good music and fun jokes. The weather was spectacular which made the day absolutely delightful. I would highly recommend Open Top Jeep tours if you want to see some of the beautiful towns along the coast.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank TanjaWS
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had limited time to sight see during a business trip this weekend. Prince George Hotel made arrangements for us after another tour operator fell through. Mel from Open Top Private Tour took us to Peggy's Cove, Mahoney Bay, and Lunenburg, and the cemetery where the victims of the Titantic lay to rest. We had lunch and shopped in the towns. The jeep is a great way way to see NS since the back roads are not assessible to a large bus. We had a great time ! Mel is hospitable, humourous, and flexible. Give them a call when you are looking for a whirl wind tour in NS in a day. I would book a tour with Mel the next time I visit NS.

Date of experience: May 2014