“Awesome Tours”

Open Top Private Tours
Ranked #10 of 48 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: “Open Top Tours” provides visitors an unique and intimate way to enjoy Nova Scotia in 4 X 4 Jeeps. We would love to take you on a day tour and excursion to visit local fishing villages, taste our amazing wines or simply relax on our spectacular beaches. Our guides are well versed and will share stories along the way. We are proud to offer you several tour options to suit your pleasure in all seasons. Whether you are in town for business or pleasure you should experience the beauty of Nova Scotia in one of our Open Top Jeeps !
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked two tours with Open Top while visiting Halifax from Ottawa. Mel took myself and my two daughters (age 10 and 11) to Peggy's Cove on our first tour, stopping at amazing 'off-trail' sights along the way. The girls had the best smoked meat sandwich ever! Drinks and snacks were even provided in the jeep and loud off-key singing was greatly encouraged. Our second tour was to Fisherman's Cove, again stopping at the most awesome sight seeing points along the way so that the girls could pick shells and rocks. After Fisherman's Cove Mel took us to an amazing beach, providing the beach blanket, towels and even sand toys for the kids. Traveling with kids can be tiring but thanks to Open Top our trip rocked! Don't go on tour without them!

1  Thank Corieanne

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Me and my friends had a great time! Our guide was super awesome and had great tidbits of info on the places we visited. He showed us amazing, beautiful sites that I'd never even seen despite living in Nova Scotia my whole life. You won't be disappointed if you choose Open Top Tours!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We decided at the last minute to try to get a tour to Peggy's Cove. I emailed Open Top Tours late the night before we wanted to go on the tour. Karl replied quickly with a tour time for the next day. We confirmed and were not disappointed. Mark was the tour guide and he was excellent! We had a fabulous lobster lunch in addition to several unexpected stops along the way! This was the highlight of our stay in Halifax! It is well worth the price because you can customize what you do the whole time. Loved it!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Mel from Open Top Private Tours took us on a tour to Lunenberg & Mahone Bay on July 17th, On the way he also stopped by at Queensland, Chester & a sweets shop, he explained clearly of all the sights and also took good care of our family, He provided us with warm towels & Umbrella and also stopped by patiently whenever requested for photo shooting. I would recommend Open Top Tours to anyone who is looking for a good sightseeing experience with comfort of private travel. My family had a great time.....

Kudos to Earl & Mel on their good Job ! I wish them a successful & healthy life.

1  Thank Sathish R
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I had the joy of a personalized tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove. Karl from Open Top tours went out of his way to accomodate our interest in a couple of sights not regularly on the route. Additional stops at beautiful Prospect Bay, the Swissair Flight 111 memorial, and lunch at Rhubarb in Indian Cove enhanced the experience. It was a very personal and comfortable way to see the sights and learn about the area. A wonderful alternative to the crowded tours provided by the cruise lines. Karl's love of Nova Scotia was very evident. He not only made us glad we toured with him, but made us want to come back.