“One of my favourite Halifax attractions”

Alexander Keith's Brewery
Ranked #12 of 137 things to do in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: In 1820, Alexander Keith established his brewery in the heart of Halifax. Now, 196 years later, we’re proud to welcome you back into our home on Lower Water Street, the Alexander Keith’s Nova Scotia Brewery. We invite you to come and visit us at our beautifully restored and renovated brewery, and to try our exciting new beers crafted by our brewmaster, Stefan Gagliardi. Cheers to all things raised in Nova Scotia.
Calgary
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“One of my favourite Halifax attractions”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was born and raised in Halifax and I have gone on the Keith's brewery tour at least 5 times. I even went as a stop on my stag party.

They do a great tour in period costume and go through the history of the brewery. You also get to go inside the walls of the brewery which you never see except on the tour. There is music, games and beer! You get a couple of draft beer on the tour. It is the best Keith's beer I have ever had and it is made at the microbrewery there.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank KeltieJ

• Polish first
Monterrey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice bar to have a drink”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This bar is a good option to go honging on with friends, the beer is really good and have a nice environment

Visited March 2012
Lunenburg, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

try the roof top bar - food view - try the daily app's - great deals

Jackson, Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“a painful 60 minute beer commercial that you PAY for!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

If you want to learn anything about how beer is brewed and have time to enjoy some samples of craft brews and maybe even ask a question (god forbid!), I recommend you go elsewhere!

At $17 a piece, we were herded at break-neck speed through a charming little brewery that looked more like a museum than a working brewery.

Oh, and the actors (not tour guides, this is not a tour!!) while intimate are very impersonal and phoney. It's like they assume the only reason you are there is to chug back one of their brews (BTW which you are compelled to do at the end, that is, if you want to finish a drink and not feel completely ripped off!). If I wanted to do that, I'd go to a pub and pay $5.

Not worth the time or money. So terrible and embarrassing that I no longer enjoy their beer.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank trotter33
Grand Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cool market”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This is a really neat old building on the Halifax waterfront. Lots of history, the Saturday market is always packed to capacity, lots of street buskers and the brewery tour is great!