“Never fail to accommodate.”

Da Maurizio Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Maurizio Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 711 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Cross street: Salter
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never fail to accommodate.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I am a Halifax local and love going out to eat. In the 8 times I have visited Da Maurizio I have never had a bad experience. I especially love to go sit at the bar and snack on delicious cocktail olives while I wait for my food. The calamari is exceptional.

I am always especially impressed with the level of service I receive here. The hostess is incredible and whether I have been part of a table of 20 or one of two people snacking at the bar I have never had an unanswered need. I am a huge fan of their lobster risotto and even though it is no longer on the menu, the chefs make it for me any time I ask. I always order an appetizer portion as my main and most times leave with extra. In addition to this when I brought my roommate, who is a vegetarian, she was blown away. She really wanted the gnocchi (which is severed with Bolognese) and when she asked if it was possible to have it vegetarian, not only could they confidently accommodate without asking the kitchen, but the server presented four choices of how it could be prepared.

This is an expensive restaurant for sure. But if you are looking to treat yourself it is definitely worth it.

• Visited October 2011

Halifax
“Another great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Our second time to DaMaurizio and the food and service was excellent. Love the calamari as much as the dessert!

• Visited November 2011
Newton(Boston), MA
“Not as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We had gone here a number of years ago and thought it was fantastic. Less so this time, but it may have been the circumstances. they apparently had a huge group arriving at the same time as our reservation. Took over an hour to get our appetizer and then another long wait for our entree. Waiter was not very good at all in keeping us informed about what was going on. The hostess however came by at the end of the meal to see how we liked it and when we told her our experience whe apologized profusely and paid for our bottle of wine, whcih we very much appreciated.

Visited August 2011
Nova Scotia
“BEST FOOD AND SERVICE WE HAVE HAD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

We had a private room as we had a group of 16. We pre-ordered our menu with a few additions. Everything ran smoothly. The food was wonderful - everyone enjoyed every bite. The waiter we had was probably the best waiter we have had during our many dinners out. He was discreet, mannerly and "invisable" (our wine glasses mysteriously stayed full). The restaurant was very accommodating to all our staff. Would recommend it to everyone who ask.

• Visited December 2011
Halifax, Canada
“One of best in Halifax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

One of the best Italinan restaurants in Canada. An experience not to be missed. Very $$$ but worth every dime