“Excellent burgers, quaint restaurant”

Darrell's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 809 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South End
Description: Darrell's has been a favourite stomping grounds for students, local professionals, neighbours, families, first daters and all who have heard the rumblings of our fantastic food and great service.
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We like to try new places, and this was new to us, since we live outside of Halifax. We went on a Sunday evening. Lots of people eating outside, a couple of tables inside.

Initially service was slow, but once greeted, everything went smoothly. Our server was very friendly and helpful. We both had the special -- a mushroom, swiss and arugula burger.

Everything was hot, fresh, and tasty. Portions were appropriate -- too much for a child or someone with a small appetite, probably not quite enough for someone with a really big appetite.

I had the Darrell's fries, which were seasoned wedges. I don't usually like coated fries, but these were hot and fresh. My partner had the onion rings, which were battered and hot and fresh. The burger buns were not toasted, but were fresh. Seasoning was good -- I liked the garlic aoli.

Two burgers and two soft drinks was $40 with tax, before tip.

There is no air conditioning on the main level. We were told that there was AC downstairs. Ceiling fans meant that it was not uncomfortable.

Had it not been so loud, it would have been 5 stars. We are just really, really tired of people shouting at restaurants. Not the fault of management, but we didn't want to sit and linger in such a loud place.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

My family and I ate there on July 24. My husband and I had their famous peanut butter burger and it was beyond delicious!! Also our server was amazing ! Our 2 year old son was with us and he was cranky and over tired and they were so quick with our food it made life so much easier!! I will definitely be recommending this place to absolutely everyone !

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

I dined here at this restaurant today. I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely service.

International tea. What a beauty to have a sip on some mint tea. Soothing.

Anyway aftet browsing the menu for 10 minutes i settled on ordering falafel salad.

I didnt wait very long for the meal to arrive. Heaven scent of a meal worth sharing.

Good of them to get the thahini sauce just right.

Its a responsibility dealing with food.

I have been a picky eater avoiding meat for a month so this was a treat to eat out.

You know how things go right when the weather is nice and your sitting outside with good company.

In all regards of a place to get reasonably priced food go here next time you need to fill your stomach.

You wont be disapointed.

Cheers.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Mmmm we were hungry for a great burger and fries and we got them! Very busy up and down, but still the service was good.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

This place is amazing. From the casual quaint diner atmosphere to the consistently delicious food, I highly recommend if you're looking for a stellar burger joint. The "Darrell fries" are my favourite thing about this place; they're thick cut perfectly seasoned potato wedges that taste phenomenal dipped in spicy mayo.