“Cant believe this restaurant was on "you gotta eat here"!”
Review of Armview Restaurant

Armview Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I certainly wouldnt recommend or eat here again! The fish chowder tasted bland and the potatoes were not fully cooked...the gravy tasted like it came out of a can...and the burgers were over cooked!

1  Thank Coach_Kym

Reviewed 7 March 2012

After it was featured on Food Network Canada's "You Gotta Eat Here", we decided to try it for lunch. Feels and looks like a classic diner, and the food is homey and locally-sourced. Prices are good, and the service was quick. My partner and I shared a cup of the chowder, which was good but not great (and at $8 pricey), the salmon inside was cooked excellently and you could taste the Jost wine it was finsihed with. I had the manchego cheese and chorizo sausage mac n cheese which was delicious and creamy ($14), and the side caesar was also yummy. My partner had the "lamburger" which he said is better than the burger at Fid, cheesy and garlicky, and served with fries (and at $10 a great price). The only downside was the food was a bit greasy, but I think that's to be expected of a diner, and the parking lot was tiny which created issues getting in/out.

1  Thank swim_bunny2012
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I went to this restaurant with my husband and mother in law. My husband loves the burgers,hyland and elk are his favs. I've tried a few things on the menu but nothing great to write about. My chowder yesterday was small for $8 and kindda cold with one shrimp and one scallop and one potato in it. Not the best chowder in Halifax! We did however share the nachos and they were good. Service was good,although the server didn't seem very happy....bad day I guess. I will be back because of my husband but i'll pass when it's my time to choose the restaurant.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

The good: a diverse menu that is made with quality ingrediants and a touch of modern flare added to several items to give it a real fresh feeling. The bad: the decor is stuck in the 1970's (some people want that) and isn't comfortable or well done. I prefer a clean and renovated diner feel.... The Armview doesn't come off as a classic diner rather a cheaply made version of that. The ugly: a rotten location wedged in next to the rotary and virtually no parking.
A great meal I wish was served in an updated more accessible spot.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hospitality, food & service was excellent and the location was great.