“Early Morning Peggy's Cove Trip”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 49 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I think this might have been the best tour I have ever done (and I have done lots of tours). Touring with Geordie was like hanging out with an old friend. He picked us up at our hotel in the early morning and took us out to Peggy's Cove where we had the opportunity to take pictures from some great locations without a bunch of other tourists in our shots. We had great morning light and we spent at least an hour at Peggy's Cove with almost no one else around before the tour buses started to arrived. (14 buses rolled in after we had done our main shots at Peggy's Cove). Geordie also took us on a few little hikes in the area to check out other vantage points for great photo opportunities. He shared stories and historical information and we learned a lot. He also took us to a unique little museum in the area for some additional fun and touristy photos before returning to Halifax. He had water and soft drinks available for us in the van and he even bought us a coffee at the coffee shop. I am so glad I found this tour option. I would definitely go on another tour with Geordie the next time I am in Halifax and I will certainly recommend him to anyone I know who is travelling there.
Geordie will tailor the tour to your specific needs whether you are a casual photographer or a professional photographer or anything in-between. If you are considering this tour, don't hesitate to book it. You will be glad you did! If you are going on this tour be sure to wear decent shoes for some short hikes and dress in layers appropriate for the weather.

Thanks Geordie for a great morning!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Actually Wendy - thanks to you and Susan for an outstanding morning at one of the most beautiful and scenic spots in Canada. I had a great time hanging out with the both of you! Thanks for trusting us by getting up so early in the morning and I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Fantastic one day trip that was personalised to my own interests, and really brought to life with the guide's research and personal knowledge. fantastic way to see Halifax and surrounding areas - really would recommend this to anyone who is interested in photography and / or being part of a small tour to see the sights. You won't be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2015

Thanks for a great couple of days Ana. I really enjoyed the opportunity to put together the Custom Architectural Tour of Halifax and I learned even more about our old port city Thanks for visiting us in the Maritimes and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 October 2015

My husband and I were visiting Halifax on a cruise ship and we signed up with Geordie Matt of Picture Perfect Tours. He picked us up on time at the agreed upon location in a very clean vehicle, we were joined by one other person and we went off for our Eastern Shore photo tour. Geordie was a great guide, not only is he a very knowledgeable photographer, he was also very knowledgeable about history of the area. I improved my photo skills based on his suggestions. At the end of our tour, Geordie dropped us off near the pier, and provided a great recommendation for where to eat. I highly recommend Geordie and Picture Perfect tours when visiting Halifax.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2015

Hi Rana & Ray - we did indeed have a wonderful day away from the big cruise ship crowds. Thanks for straying off the beaten path with us!

Reviewed 1 October 2015

As I am a novice photographer Gordie provided excellent instruction on a wide variety of situations. His knowledge of different camera equipment is excellent as was his choosing of photographic scene options.
I would recommend a photographic morning with Gordie whether as a beginner or more advances picture taker.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2015

Hi Anthony & Philinda, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels throughout our beautiful province!

Reviewed 27 September 2015

My husband bought me a new camera and lens for my retirement, and we came to Nova Scotia for my retirement trip. When researching for the trip, Picture Perfect Tours caught my attention because I needed guidance on how to use my camera to its fullest extent (not just shoot on automatic all the time). We took the Peggy's Cove tour with Geordie on our first full day of an eight-day trip. It was amazingly! Geordie picked us up in front of our hotel and then stopped for one more participant on the way (his van is very comfortable, and he had water for us when needed). We left bright and early to beat the crowds and get the best lighting. Geordie took us to different areas in Peggy's Cove. He explained how to program the camera to get different effects for different pictures. He threw in a lot of history lessons, too, which I just loved!
We are now on day five of the trip, and I've been able to use the "lessons" that Geordie gave me to get scenic shots of Cape Breton and shots of the lunar eclipse.
When you go (notice that I said "when", not "if", because if you are in Halifax, you should sign up for this tour), be sure to wear shoes suitable for walking on rocks and for light hiking. Check the weather forecast to determine what to wear. You should probably dress in layers so you can take things off as the day warms up.
I'm hoping to return to Nova Scotia some day soon. I'll be signing up for more Picture Perfect Tours when I come back. Thanks, Geordie, for giving my retirement trip the best start ever!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

I am blushing Ann...., W O W ! ! Thank you so much for the sharing your experience. I hope you & Doug are enjoying the rest of beautiful NS and I would love to showcase a few other coastal gems when you come back next time! - Geordie