“It was a memorable day at Halifax with PicturePerfect Tour”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 49 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 October 2015

14 of us were on a cruise as part of our high school reunion in October 2015. Geordie, the owner/tour operator of Picture Perfect prepared a memorable day for all of us. Prior to the excursion day, he emailed and called me from NS to NYC with his wonderful ideas. He is precise and transparent with his fees and payment methods. He is trustworthy and proactive. On the day of the excursion, he assembled his friend to drive another car to accommodate all 14 of us comfortably. He had yet other friend to prepare the most delicious picnic by the seashore near Peggy's Cover away from the crowd. Throughout the whole day he educated us about Halifax, showed us beautiful sights, helped us with our photography. His #1 priority was for all of us to have a memorable day in his beloved city which we all did. My friends are from Hong Kong and San Francisco. They still talk about that very special day now that they are back home. We also received a collection of beautiful pictures from Geordie which he dropped box to me to share with my friends across the world. I would highly recommend Picture Perfect to help you create beautiful memories while you visit Halifax, NS. The value of his service is excellent. He knows how to create a fun-filled day that will last for many years among good friends.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Thanks Lucy, that was really fun working with you to put together something different & unique for everyone. I'm so glad your team had a fantastic experience and snapped some beautiful photos of NS!

Reviewed 23 October 2015

We loved our day with Picture Perfect Tours, Geordie has a great eye and some of the best pictures I took on our trip were with him.
He also taught me more about my camera. Many thanks !

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Thanks Sue, I'm so pleased you got some great pictures of our beautiful fall foliage and colours!

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Geordie took a small group of four of us on a very special photo shoot to several places off the beaten path not visited by hoards of tourists. We went at our own pace and had plenty of time to set up the photos we wanted to take. We saw quaint fishing villages, walked along a marsh board walk to the ocean, had a meander along a cliff high over the ocean shore line, and a few stops at historic buildings in Halifax. Geordie was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and overall he has a highly accommodating tour guide. The tour lasted over 6 hours and he got us back to our cruise ship with a couple of hours to spare. He also gave us a couple of souvenir post cards. I highly recommend that you consider taking this tour especially if you are interested in photography and getting unique pictures.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Hi Diana & David, so glad you had a fantastic experience. You were both an inspiration and helped me to get some of my best photos of the year on our tour!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

I abhor tourist crowds and shuttered with fear when I saw five large cruise ships off-loading the day of our tour. Geordie, who did such wonderful communication ahead of our trip, arrived right on time.

He took us to six or seven locations and we didn't see another tourist once! Miracles do happen (although, I'm sure Geordie would say it was all planning).

In our day together, we took in the essence of the Nova Scotia Coastline--as well as part of the town. I even discovered, with Geordies help, the location of an ancestral home--BIG BONUS and totally unexpected.

Can't wait to check out the images. In the mean-time, here's a few.

Much Mahalo Geordie and A Hui Ho!

Thanks Robert & Kim. Turns out the day of our tour was the biggest cruise ship day this year in Halifax - and we still didn't see anyone else out on our tour! And thanks by the way for sharing your amazing photos with us via social media.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

I think this might have been the best tour I have ever done (and I have done lots of tours). Touring with Geordie was like hanging out with an old friend. He picked us up at our hotel in the early morning and took us out to Peggy's Cove where we had the opportunity to take pictures from some great locations without a bunch of other tourists in our shots. We had great morning light and we spent at least an hour at Peggy's Cove with almost no one else around before the tour buses started to arrived. (14 buses rolled in after we had done our main shots at Peggy's Cove). Geordie also took us on a few little hikes in the area to check out other vantage points for great photo opportunities. He shared stories and historical information and we learned a lot. He also took us to a unique little museum in the area for some additional fun and touristy photos before returning to Halifax. He had water and soft drinks available for us in the van and he even bought us a coffee at the coffee shop. I am so glad I found this tour option. I would definitely go on another tour with Geordie the next time I am in Halifax and I will certainly recommend him to anyone I know who is travelling there.
Geordie will tailor the tour to your specific needs whether you are a casual photographer or a professional photographer or anything in-between. If you are considering this tour, don't hesitate to book it. You will be glad you did! If you are going on this tour be sure to wear decent shoes for some short hikes and dress in layers appropriate for the weather.

Thanks Geordie for a great morning!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Actually Wendy - thanks to you and Susan for an outstanding morning at one of the most beautiful and scenic spots in Canada. I had a great time hanging out with the both of you! Thanks for trusting us by getting up so early in the morning and I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit!