“Peggy's Cove Tour”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 December 2016

My fiance and I had a WONDERFUL time on this tour. Geordie was so knowledgeable and fun! We took this trip in December, so it was a little cold, but he still stayed out with us for a couple of hours telling us all about the history of the town and other facts about Halifax. It was awesome! He not only gave us such an great tour, he also emailed us other recommendations for the city and surrounding area since we had never visited. I would most definitely take this tour again and would recommend anyone considering it to take it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Thanks kfal19, your comments have warmed me up despite the snow storm we've had here today! So glad you both enjoyed the day and I'm super impressed you did the Cape Split hike out in the deep cold. You're Louisiana blood runs thick. Thanks again and wishing you two the best of luck in the coming months.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

My trip to Halifax was very last minute, and done without any prior research or comprehension of what 'low season' really meant in Nova Scotia. Getting to Peggy's Cove was definitely a top priority, but being that this was November and a long weekend, I stumbled across the Peggy's Cove Morning Light Photo Tour in my desperate searches completely by accident, and couldn't have been more fortunate to do so!
The tour ended up being just me and Geordie, and having booked less than 48 hours in advance, I was so grateful he was willing to run the tour for just me. It was a chilly and windy morning, but his email contact beforehand prepared me for what to expect and how to dress for the day. He taught me so much about the history of the region, and answered all of my questions about photography and how to use my camera, as I never learned in 4 years of my owning it. As an amateur photographer, I've always appreciated artistic and landscape photography, so this was an incredible opportunity to learn the tips and tricks to the trade. Even with a good camera, many of my good shots were taken with my iPhone, so this tour is perfect for everyone regardless of what equipment they bring with them!
We got there early, before the hoards of other tourists/locals arrived, (despite being low season, it was a stat holiday) and took some incredible shots of the lighthouse and the village in its incredible rustic and fundamentally maritime beauty.
Peggy's Cove is a must see for everyone visiting Nova Scotia, and this tour was the best way to go about it! Worth every cent!

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Hi Ampassm, thank you so much for the kind review! I'm so glad you enjoyed our morning and that you got a chance to see a glimpse of NS and one of our most iconic landmarks. Hope you come back and visit us on the north Atlantic again soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I planned this tour for months, writing Geordie and receiving quick responses to my detailed questions (he was very patient). And as it turned out everything about the tour worked out beyond my expectations. There's no question that I'll book with this tour again.

1  Thank av0ice0freas0n
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

We'll be ready and waiting with new tour options next time your here - thanks so much!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

This is a really excellent way of seeing Halifax and environs. The various tours (available all year round) take you round the city or to places along the coast, including famous beauty spots. The tour guide, Geordie, is a professional photographer who knows exactly the right places to take you for those out-of-the-ordinary shots. Without being intimidating or interfering, he really shows you how to 'look' so that you end up seeing so much more than you were expecting. I did the tours to the Eastern Shore and to Peggy's Cove, both of which were fantastic and that I'd recommend to anyone, whether an enthusiastic photographer or just someone who takes snaps. I took all my photos on my iPhone and they came out superbly. You don't need expensive camera equipment to get great shots, and Geordie is incredibly helpful on tips to get the picture right. Highly recommended!

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Hi profcatherine, thank you for mentioning that you don't need a fancy camera to get great shots. Thank you for staying a little longer in NS and making the most of your work-cation! All the best and enjoy your travels (& our winter) throughout Canada.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Literally cannot recommend this company highly enough!

I had an incredible day, learned so much about how to use my camera and came away with a beautiful combination of arty and shamelessly touristy! This is a fabulous way to see a bit of Nova Scotia, and Geordie has uncovered some absolute gems that aren't in the tourist brochures. One of the best days of my trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks littlealib - you are, literally, THE BEST!