“Best thing we did our entire trip”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 54 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

What an amazing day spent with Geordie...we got wisked away on an unexpected adventure to peggy's cove and came back with a passion for photography and appreciation for the subtle beauty of the small things of everyday life. My family and i learned much about our camera and now are much more capable photographers. Learned a lot of history about halifax. Geordie is a truly patient man who answered all of our questions about cameras. And he did it with a smile and a passion that was infectious. Thanks again we will have great memories of halifax.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Hi Ram, thank you for an outstanding day with your entire team. It was a privilege for me, as a fellow left coaster by birth, to showcase a little bit of what I've loved about the right hand coast for 20+ years. Safe travels home and I look forward to seeing everyone in the future!

All reviews
"morning tour"
"great photographer"
"different angles"

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I am by no means a knowledgeable photographer and my “gear” consisted of a simple point-and-shoot camera. However, deciding to take the tour of Peggy’s Cove was one of the best things I did while visiting Nova Scotia. Given the beautiful scenery, even I managed to take some pretty good pictures. And, when my camera battery died, Geordie was kind enough to take some GREAT pictures and email them to me. In addition to taking us to beautiful locations, Geordie taught us a bit about the history of the area and gave us plenty of time to wander around the areas we visited.
I could go on and on about the wonderful experience I had, but will summarize by saying that I think Geordie and his Picture Perfect Tours is the ‘gold standard’ for how every tour ought to be but usually isn’t.

Thanks mvlocolobo - we'll happily take you gold standard praise any day! Thanks so much to the both of you and I hope you get a chance to come back and visit our part Canada again soon. All the best.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Picture Perfect tours. The idea of combining a guided tour with a photography lesson seemed novel and risky, and our guide Geordie completely lived up to the advertising. He was both a local history buff and a photography expert and was equally comfortable discussing both. He was good at answering all types of questions. We saw interesting locations and their stories that we would never have chosen as uninformed tourists. I used his photography tips in the rest of our vacation. I highly recommend this company.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thank you Burkoms - so glad you enjoyed the day with Jessie & I along the Eastern Shore & that you were able to appreciate some of our weird history & come away with useful photo tips while on the road. All the best!

Reviewed July 22, 2017

We went on 2 tours with Picture Perfect Tours. The first was a Halifax area walking tour, the second was a trip out to Peggy's Cove.

The first nice thing about the tour is that you are picked up where you live or are staying in the company van. The van is big and comfortable and can hold many people and their camera gear without a problem.

The second nice thing is that Geordie knows a lot about photography, composition, and what would or would not make good photos. He takes you to places you would probably never get to see without being on the tours. Inside of churches, a bank, and even the library. Not sure I would have gone inside on my own.

The third nice thing is that along with the photography, the guide gives you a LOT of history of the region, explaining some of the events that occurred and how it shaped Halifax/Nova Scotia today. Very informative.

On the Peggy's Cove tour, he got us up at the dawn so we could beat the bussed in crowds. So glad we did, because for a while, we had the lighthouse and are basically to ourselves. Not sure I would have been self-disciplined enough to get there in time without the tour.

I would highly recommend the tours offered by PPT. Very happy that we went!

Hi Jeff, I doubt I would be self-disciplined enough to get up early enough to beat the crowds at Peggy's Cove without great guests like you both! It is absolutely worth it though. Thank you for the wonderful review & we look forward to seeing you again the next time your back visiting Dartmouth.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Geordie was our tour guide. We told him of our interest in photography and also genealogy
involving the Explosion of December 6, 1917. He put together a day we will never forget.
We saw where the explosion happened. We heard a narrative from one of the captain's
as to how it happened. We saw the memorial sights. Then the best part was seeing the
grave of the 6 members of our family who died at that time. We also saw the historical
sights of Halifax as well. It was the best tour we have ever had.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Hi Sharron - discovering the grave stone was really like finding a needle in a haystack. Unbelievable! So glad you enjoyed such an improvised excursion that we don't normally do, and thank you for the kind words. Hope to see you again in our part of the coast soon!