“Exceptional tour”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The Eastern Shore tour was incredible. Picturesque places shown. Great photo opportunity. Learned do much about my camera and how to use it. I've even taken courses and I learned more on this tour. Was given all of the assistance I wanted. Guide showed me the theory of what I needed to do with my camera, helped me with the settings, then checked that was the photo I wanted.

Assistance as given to DSLR users and phone camera users. The guide knew what to do.

Always a gentleman trying to make sure our needs were met and that we were safe at all times.

Not to mention he's a great photographer himself.

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this tour. It does require physical movement.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Ha...!! Thanks Julie for the added mobility disclaimer at the end - genius! My Canadian humility prefers to see that I was just a helpful reminder to all of those previous 'triangle' lessons you had in the past. Can't wait to see some of the pictures you get by the end of your epic tour around the Maritimes. Thank you for the kind words and we hope you have an amazing visit to our far flung part of the continent!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We had a great time exploring the history of Dartmouth and photographing the area with Geordie! My husband and I loved the history as it seems to add depth to our photographs. We are both better photographers now and have a better understanding of what makes a great picture! Plus we have a ton of pictures! Thanks, Geordie!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks Kathy were doing something different and visiting a part of Halifax that most people miss! Glad you loved the history aspect - when you have a story to share along with an image, it makes both so much more vibrant. I hope we can see you both again next time you're in NS!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

A good trip up the eastern shore of Nova Scotia with a variety of places to photograph. We started in Dartmouth with a visit to the rowing clubs and an old canal lock. And then headed out of town to a long sweeping beach and headland. A visit to a working fishing village - unfortunately no one was there working - finished up the day.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi Bob, thank you for the review & we're glad you enjoyed your day with Scotty and Charlie along the Eastern Shore. I guess all the fishermen were at the Halifax waterfront for the Tall Ships Festival! All the best - Geordie, Scotty & Charlie

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Must do photo tour. My husband and I found Geordie to be super friendly and easy to talk to. He was easy to understand and very informative. Non stop photos and ideas. Thanks Geordie for a very memorable and amazing tour!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hi Karen, thanks for choosing to do something different & explore the Eastern Shore with us! Drive safe on your Maritime road trip, and we hope to see you again when your back in Nova Scotia.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I loved this tour! The guide, Scotty, was very professional and knowledgeable about the history of Peggy's Cove. As a professional photographer, he gave me invaluable insight on how to improve my photography skills. I had been at Peggy's Cove twice before, and spent a lot of time taking some pretty good pictures, but Scotty helped me take it to the next level. I would highly recommend this tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hi Irinag, I think Scotty has a future as a professor teaching photography at an institute of higher learning at some point! So glad you had a great time with us and came away with some valuable insights. Thanks so much!