“Highlight of my time in Nova Scotia”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I actually went to Halifax a couple of days early in order to take this five-hour tour to Peggy's Cove - I was not disappointed. The time and money were worth the effort. I loved Nova Scotia and would like to revisit the area in the future and Picture Perfect Tours will be at the top of my list of things to do. Scotty was our guide and did a wonderful job., Geordie was tied up with Tall Ship tours (wish I had known about those - would love to have done one, if I had the time prior to meeting my week-long tour group). This is a small group tour and very relaxed and friendly. You don't have to be a camera geek to enjoy this tour. Be sure you take "grippy" shoes, as you will walking around on uneven surfaces and a jacket, just in case. One of our group had had friends sign up for similar tours and they were canceled. Scotty said that Geordie does not cancel, which is BIG in my book.I wish I had asked about taking cell phone pictures - next time.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi Jacquelynd, you'll have to come back next time and we'll do something completely different! Thank you for mentioning Scotty's awesomeness and thank you spending a few extra days in Nova Scotia and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I wasn't sure what to expect of this "Photographic" tour of the East Shore, but we quickly found Geordie to be knowledgeable, personable and a fine teacher. His tips on photography, using both a SLR and an I-phone, have been a big help already. And, his insights about life on the East Shore were enlightening.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi William - thank you for taking a chance on us on and we're ecstatic that we could be a bit of a help with your cameras, while showcasing the weird and wonderful of Nova Scotia's Eastern Shore!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

A small group of us on a Holland America cruise lined up a tour with Picture Perfect Tours. What a great day we had seeing the lesser known areas outside of Halifax. Since the Tall Ships were in the Harbor we chose to get out of town for the day. Visited the shore and small fishing villages with Charlie and Scotty as our Photo guides. I was hoping for good photo opportunities with my DSLR but also learned a lot about my Iphone photography. All in all a great day tour. Thanks Charlie and Scotty.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thanks GRIFKIRCH, we're so glad everyone enjoyed the day dancing around the Tall Ships festival and the crowds downtown! On behalf of Scotty & Charlie, thank you for helping to make it such a wonderful experience and we hope to see you again our way soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I enrolled for this tour with my husband simply to indulge his interest in photography. Sucking it up for the team, you know? What a surprise to actually really enjoy the outing. I thought I would just kill time dawdling around with my iPhone while hubby received his coaching, but Geordie (owner and our guide) was incredibly engaging. He showed me some slick tricks with my iPhone and made everyone feel like part of the party. He has a solid educational background in History and art history. Great conversationalist and down to earth, yet there wasn't a technical question about photography he couldn't address. We had two near-pro's on our tour, and Geordie taught them new tricks. Highly recommend this tour!

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

That's amazing - thanks Francine! The old 'under promise and over deliver' trick works every time! We had a great group and a great day which makes everything come together. I hope you & Iggy have a fantastic trip through the rest of your journey, and as honourary Canadians, I trust we'll see you visiting our coast again soon. Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We are so glad that we decided to take this tour of Peggy's Cove! We arrived at Peggy's Cove early in the morning, and we basically had the entire place to ourselves. We got to spend a lot of time there, taking some great pictures and enjoying the beautiful day! Geordie and Charlie were so helpful and answered any questions that I had about using my DSLR and taking great photographs.
Getting to explore Peggy's Cove with Geordie was awesome, too, as he had a lot of great knowledge and stories to share about Peggy's Cove.
We took a lot of tours on our trip and this one was by far our favourite. We'd highly recommend it! Thanks Geordie and Charlie!

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi Caribby, great to hear from you and thank you for the wonderful review! This was Charlie's first ever tour with us - I'm so glad you that you thought he fantastic and helpful as well. Hope the rest of your journey back home was smooth, and hopefully we can see you again on our side of the country soon!