“Picture Perfect, Plus!”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 October 2017

After spending most of the latter part of a day with Geordie on the Picture Perfect Tour, I feel a special connection to Nova Scotia! I heartily recommend his tours of the Halifax area without reservation!

My sister and I booked excursions of one type or another at every stop on the Oct 14, 2017, of a recent cruise between NYC and Halifax. We joined the Picture Perfect Peggy's Cove sunset lighthouse tour at Halifax that was initially set up by a fellow cruiser we connected with on a cruise review and chat site; so we felt we might really be taking a chance! Not so; we were 100% satisfied with the entire experience.

Although independent tours arranged outside of the cruise line can be a little intimidating, we found our experience with Geordie of Picture Perfect to be most accommodating. He picked us up in his Mercedes-Benz Sprinter at the Halifax cruise dock just as appointed and dropped us off again with no problems -- as promised.

As for the day-long experience, it was delightful. We had seven total tourists traveling with us in the van: two married U.S. couples, a single traveler from Switzerland, and my sister and I. It wasn't long before Geordie's affable spirit had all of us laughing and joking as old friends. Among the group, there were experienced photographers with fancy cameras and bags of equipment, as well as at least half of us with our iPhone cameras. Geordie, our driver and guide, is clearly an experienced photographer, but he offered as much time and attention to the iPhoners as he did to the folks who knew what they were doing!

Sunset at Peggy's Cove was just as advertised! It was spectacular. Geordie ran from guest to guest, ensuring that each of us got the shot we had hoped to, as well as some we hadn't dreamed of. He was equally attentive to offering a steady hand up and down glacial boulders, pointing out warm hideaways in breezy conditions, and making sure every guest had a great experience.

If you travel to Halifax for any reason, I'd recommend Picture Perfect Tours. I can't imagine a more accommodating guide than owner/operator Geordie. (And I am NOT his mom!)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Hi Dbendick - you just had me spit my coffee out laughing this morning at the last line of your review!!!

Genius and well played!

Thank you so, so much for the kind words and detailing the sunset excursion you had with us out at Peggy's Cove a few weeks ago. I only hope you'll both come back and visit Nova Scotia again soon!

All reviews
"lighting conditions"
"great camera"
"hordes of tourists"

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Wow, what a terrific day. We chose to tour the beautiful and interesting Eastern Shore of Nova Scotia. Our guide was Scotty Sherin, a professional photographer and serious surfer. Scotty was great in giving us tips to make our photos have that "special" look. He took us to beautiful landscapes and seascapes and some fishing villages where objects and scenes were begging to be photoed. We also did an early stop at an ocean inlet that gave us a surreal setting...fog and mist over the water and trees. Spectacular. All in all a wonderful tour...and no other tourists!

This was our fifth visit to Halifax and the best by far. I highly recommend Picture Perfect Tours in Halifax.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you so much tourpro1 - I didn't realize this was your 5th visit to Halifax and our edge of the north Atlantic! The Eastern Shore is a forgotten stretch of Halifax that we happen to love and we're thrilled you enjoyed the beauty of that area as well. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again on your 6th trip to Halifax!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We really enjoyed our day with Scotty on our Eastern Shore tour. And the perfect weather didn't hurt a bit either!

It was a very relaxing day with just four of us. And to my knowledge, we did not see another tourist. That certainly wouldn't have happened had we stayed in Halifax or gone to Peggy's Cove as there were two cruise ships in port. (We were on one of them.) We especially enjoyed our unplanned roadside stop for the morning photos in the mist.

Geordie's communication was prompt and excellent. Van was comfortable and overall, a very enjoyable day.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi CruzinFool - you just hit upon the magic formula for a great tour with us: (relaxed + no crowds + dash of improvising + photo tour guide Scotty + spacious vehicle) x (great weather) = a very enjoyable day! Thanks so much for the kind words and making it a wonderful day!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Really glad I booked this tour to Peggy’s Cove with Geordie (Picture Perfect Tours) as I got to see this wonderful place in a whole new light. Although I was only travelling with a smartphone, it really didn’t matter as most people in our small group had the same. Geordie was flexible and adaptable to the group’s needs (and photographic abilities), and I learnt some great tips for taking better photos with my smartphone, as well as learning more about the history of the area. I came away with a whole new perspective and appreciation of this beautiful landscape - highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

"Snap To It" - that's a catchy & poignant tag line Rachowl, I like it!! Thank you for traveling half way across the world to visit Nova Scotia and I'm so happy you enjoyed our day out at beautiful Peggy's Cove. Travel safe and all the best!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 October 2017

If you’re considering a photo tour during your stay in Halifax, look no further than Picture Perfect Tours.

My husband and I signed up for their Eastern Shore photo tour and were not disappointed! If you’re looking for a photo tour that will take you off the beaten path, then this is the tour for you. The service we received from both Geordie (owner) & Scotty (our tour guide) was above par - from coordinating our pick-up at our hotel, to the van being well stocked with beverages. Even the little goodie bag at the end of our tour was nice touch.

We weren’t entirely sure what to expect as we had never been on a photo tour before, but Scotty was the best! (he even managed to figure out how to properly use the camera I had borrowed for the trip)
He made sure we had every opportunity to get some amazing shots, like pulling over on the side of the highway to make sure we got shots of the fog rolling over the lake. His knowledge of the area and its history, paired with his clearly obvious passion for photography, made for a really fun experience.

If we’re ever back in the area, we’ll definitely look into taking one of the other tours they offer. Thanks guys!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi Sabrina, this is the kind of review Scotty is going to quote to me during future contract negotiations!!! On behalf of Scotty and myself - thank you so much for the kind words and the wonderful description of your experience. Thanks for visiting us in New Scotland and we hope to showcase even more of NS to you the next time your here!