“This was an amazing adventure!”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 54 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Sable island is a difficult place to get to on a good day! Geordie was a top notch host and i felt he prepared me well for what to expect and I was wanting for nothing on the journey. We even had an award winning lunch out on the island ! Geordie was quite knowledgeable about our destination. I felt at ease to take leave of the group to explore on my own and also taken care of at the same time . Geordie’s plan for our trip was well thought out and was perfect - it really couldn’t have been better . He is very communicative -I highly recommend picture perfect tours .

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thank you so much Briana for your patience and perseverance in finally getting to Sable Island with us! As you know, this was our first foray to the 'Graveyard Of The Atlantic' and it won't be our last. The trip was absolutely magical - mostly because of you and everyone in our group made the journey so memorable. We really appreciate the kind words and we'll think of something even more fun to do next year!

All reviews
"morning tour"
"great photographer"
"different angles"

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Wow what a spectacular day, we could not have asked for a better guide or day. We were a group of 6 ladies in Halifax to celebrate a special birthday and this tour with Geordie was one of the highlights. He was wonderful from start to the finish of our adventure,he had graciously allowed us to join sunset tour he was conducting with a few others. One of our party had mobility issues she was given extra special care throughout the tour which we appreciated very much also Geordie’s generosity in lending one of his pieces of equipment absolutely made another of my girlfriends day. He was extremely knowledgeable of the area we were touring and kept us entertained all evening.
My goal was to come home with a few pictures that I would be able to frame and hang on the wall with Geordies’ patience and guidance I have several that I am proud to say I could frame. I will continue to use the tips and tricks he taught us while taking this tour
Please don’t hesitate on booking a tour with this company. From first contact to drop off at our hotel I was blown away with both the professionalism and east coast friendliness of Geordie and his staff.

Hi Jane & the Gang - wow!!! Thank you for the kind and detailed review, I completely forgot that I lent my lens. We are so happy that you decided to come visit Halifax & NS to celebrate the special birthday and thanks to all of you for making it a beautiful evening out at Peggy's Cove!

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Very personal and in-depth tour of Halifax, highly recommend. Geordie was knowledgeable of current city developments as well as historic events. The van was very comfortable for transport between stops.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Thanks Mattcib for choosing to learn more about Halifax with us on our city tour - and everyone seems to love our ride!

Reviewed October 28, 2017

After spending most of the latter part of a day with Geordie on the Picture Perfect Tour, I feel a special connection to Nova Scotia! I heartily recommend his tours of the Halifax area without reservation!

My sister and I booked excursions of one type or another at every stop on the Oct 14, 2017, of a recent cruise between NYC and Halifax. We joined the Picture Perfect Peggy's Cove sunset lighthouse tour at Halifax that was initially set up by a fellow cruiser we connected with on a cruise review and chat site; so we felt we might really be taking a chance! Not so; we were 100% satisfied with the entire experience.

Although independent tours arranged outside of the cruise line can be a little intimidating, we found our experience with Geordie of Picture Perfect to be most accommodating. He picked us up in his Mercedes-Benz Sprinter at the Halifax cruise dock just as appointed and dropped us off again with no problems -- as promised.

As for the day-long experience, it was delightful. We had seven total tourists traveling with us in the van: two married U.S. couples, a single traveler from Switzerland, and my sister and I. It wasn't long before Geordie's affable spirit had all of us laughing and joking as old friends. Among the group, there were experienced photographers with fancy cameras and bags of equipment, as well as at least half of us with our iPhone cameras. Geordie, our driver and guide, is clearly an experienced photographer, but he offered as much time and attention to the iPhoners as he did to the folks who knew what they were doing!

Sunset at Peggy's Cove was just as advertised! It was spectacular. Geordie ran from guest to guest, ensuring that each of us got the shot we had hoped to, as well as some we hadn't dreamed of. He was equally attentive to offering a steady hand up and down glacial boulders, pointing out warm hideaways in breezy conditions, and making sure every guest had a great experience.

If you travel to Halifax for any reason, I'd recommend Picture Perfect Tours. I can't imagine a more accommodating guide than owner/operator Geordie. (And I am NOT his mom!)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi Dbendick - you just had me spit my coffee out laughing this morning at the last line of your review!!!

Genius and well played!

Thank you so, so much for the kind words and detailing the sunset excursion you had with us out at Peggy's Cove a few weeks ago. I only hope you'll both come back and visit Nova Scotia again soon!