“Peggy's Cove with Picture Perfect . . . And It Was!”

Picture Perfect Tours
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Halifax
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're local Halifax photographers who will guide you on a unique photo experience of our beautiful Maritime city. We showcase our favourite vantage points & secret photo spots while offering tips, tricks & apps to make the most of your camera or images - from absolute beginner to seasoned professional. Along our journey we showcase old maps, paintings, photographs & film clips from the NS Archives to visually tell the story of our historic (& often bizarre) old, port town. With our beautiful & licensed Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van we can access both downtown Halifax & our beautiful coastal regions that are off the beaten path. Our itineraries include half-day tours to Peggy's Cove, the Eastern Shore and the downtown of Historic Halifax. We also offer custom or private adventures to Lunenburg, the Annapolis Valley or even Sable Island for your family, team or event. Your Picture Perfect Tours experience is guaranteed to be rewarding, & you'll have the pictures to prove it!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 November 2017

If you are lucky enough to visit Halifax, Nova Scotia, spend time with Geordie and Picture Perfect Tours! Never have I been so engaged as I was on this tour. To be honest, I really expected this to be another stop at an over-hyped tourist destination. While the location was stunning, our host and his assistant were the main attraction!

Each tour member enjoyed personal attention as we moved from one breath-taking vantage to another. Geordie perfectly timed our progress through Peggy's Cove to take advantage of optimal lighting at each photo-op, each being more spectacular than the last.

If you choose to experience Peggy's Cove, spend your time there with Picture Perfect Tours. Your memories will be quite fond.

1  Thank Larry S
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Jeeeeesh, thanks Larry! We certainly won't be changing our marketing plan to highlight us as the main attraction at Peggy's Cove - the lighthouse, coastline & the fishing village are the stars of the show. But we do want to showcase it in the best light and make sure you have a great time while appreciating what locals love about the area. Hopefully you get a chance to come back our way again soon! All the best.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Relaxed photo tour of the east coast of Nova Scotia northeast of Halifax. Knowledgeable
photography guide with good familiarity of the area and willing to share tips and advice to help clients get better shots and discover different perspectives for photos. A nice variety of photo subjects were visited that included natural and cultural topics. Aside from the photography it was a nice tour of the area and it was convenient to be picked up and dropped off at my hotel.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

First of all..., thank you for your fantastic moniker BullwinkleMoose2017! Second of all, thank you for leaving a review and we're so glad you enjoyed your day along the lesser known Eastern Shore with us. We hope you got some great shots from the tour.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

This was a fantastic trip. Georgie was friendly& professional to deal with at all times. He personalized the trip by sharing with us his family's history from living on the island and providing an exceptional lunch and hot supper. I highly recommend this trip for anyone who wants to experience first hand the beauty and mystic of the island , ponies, grey seals and vegetation. no regrets, in fact I plan on going again another season in the future.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thanks Lisa, even though words can't do justice to how spectacular this adventure turned out! I'm going to forward your review on to chef Dennis Johnston of FID who put together our picnic - he deserves the kudos for the wonderful meal. Let's do it again next year!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I had the pleasure of spending a beautiful day in October touring the eastern shore of Nova Scotia with Geordie, owner of Picture Perfect Tours. A truly nice guy who is not only passionate about photography, he very patiently helped a novice like myself learn to navigate the settings of a digital slr and get me on the right track of taking good photos of the beautiful landscape. He was also able to explain the history of Halifax and surrounding area in a very informative but laid back manner.
I highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to learn how to take better pictures and anyone who wants to get off the beaten path and away from the hordes of tourists. You won't find a nicer, more informative person than Geordie and will have a hard time finding a better tour. He even followed up with me with a list of recommended things to do and see for the rest of my trip.

Geordie M, Owner at Picture Perfect Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hey Hoppy91, thanks for getting off the beaten path with us along the beautiful Eastern Shore! I hope our tutorial photo tour & the .PDF on getting a correct exposure helps bridge the knowledge gap between you & your partner's photo nerdiness. So glad you enjoyed the food and the beauty of the Annapolis Valley and hopefully you can make back out our way again soon! All the best,

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Sable island is a difficult place to get to on a good day! Geordie was a top notch host and i felt he prepared me well for what to expect and I was wanting for nothing on the journey. We even had an award winning lunch out on the island ! Geordie was quite knowledgeable about our destination. I felt at ease to take leave of the group to explore on my own and also taken care of at the same time . Geordie’s plan for our trip was well thought out and was perfect - it really couldn’t have been better . He is very communicative -I highly recommend picture perfect tours .

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much Briana for your patience and perseverance in finally getting to Sable Island with us! As you know, this was our first foray to the 'Graveyard Of The Atlantic' and it won't be our last. The trip was absolutely magical - mostly because of you and everyone in our group made the journey so memorable. We really appreciate the kind words and we'll think of something even more fun to do next year!