“The Drawing Room: Fantastic place for drinks”
Review of Henry House

Henry House
Ranked #21 of 809 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: British, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed March 28, 2015

A friend introduced us to this bar else would not have known about it. Classic drinks made properly (Whiskey sours, Pimms etc.) Fantastic cozy setting in the upstairs of Henry House. Love the wood paneling, beams, exposed stone walls and fireplaces. Absoliute gem of a place.

1  Thank ELC_Freddy_Beach

Reviewed March 28, 2015

I always like coming here both for the Cask beer selection and also the historical building it's located. The pub section downstairs is dark and to some dreary, but I find it interesting to sit somewhere that's existed for hundreds of years.

This time I sat in the upstairs area which is bright and seated next to the front window had a good view of Barrington Street.

They have 3 Cask ales on tap (Best Bitter, Best Bitter Special and Peculiar). It's usually these 3 anytime I've visited and if you prefer to drink beer as you would in an English pub (Cellar temp as opposed to ice cold) it's the proper beer to order.

I ordered the Shepherd's pie which was very good. I would have preferred to have more seasoning in the meat but it was still good. I've order the fish and chips in the past and it's one of the better ones in the Halifax area in my opinion.

Even if you stop by and visit the pub downstairs for a drink or two, it's worth the stop.

1  Thank alienc
Reviewed March 22, 2015

Service is very good. Food is very good. Bit crowded and noisy but it is supposed to be like that. Always enjoy my food and time there.

Reviewed March 17, 2015

Great indoor restaurant and in the summer season great outside deck area. The food is good and the wait staff are friendly and very knowledgeable about the area and what to see and do while you are here.

Reviewed March 16, 2015

I have been to the Henry House MANY times... It has a nice cozy environment and there is always a seat downstairs by the fire. The male servers an be a bit of a hit and miss in terms of the customer service but otherwise there is nothing to complain about!
On my most recent visit I had the beef stew which was hearty and comforting... my boyfriend had the fish and chips which was very good, there French fries are excellent! In the past we have gone for their lobster dip and have never been disappointed.

We will be back. Thanks!