“Average”

Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed November 1, 2017

Went for lunch with my wife. We ordered bacon and eggs + fish and chips. + 2 pints of beer. The food was just OK, nothing to die for, and the the total bill was $38 including taxes. All in all we found it to be an average pub.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Visited Saturday night to see Beer for Iguana play- my friends love them and insisted we go and the band was fantastic and the crowd was awesome. However, I credit the atmosphere of the pub to the band, not the staff working that night. As someone who works in the service industry, I value the way I am treated when I’m out and other things like cleanliness and professionalism.
The bar service was very, very, very slow. Staff took a very long time to complete drink orders, and were not friendly at all. Drink prices were good as was the selection.
Table service was a bit slow, but I’ll credit that to the servers standing around waiting for the two (two??!!) bartenders that were on that night. Our server was friendly however.
The washrooms were absolutely horrendous, though that’s understandable because the place was so understaffed how could they have time to clean the washrooms? Regardless, they should not have been like that. Toilets and sinks were filthy, toilet paper not stocked (though there was lots on the floor), dirty floors in desperate need of being swept and mopped, dirty mirrors, paper towel not stocked. The list goes on.
Overall I enjoyed my night but this place has a lot of room for improvement. I’m hoping I just caught them on a poorly staffed night but I don’t think that’s the case.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

Had a great burger and beer while listening to some great music provided by local entertainers. Music starts at 9 so be ready to have a late dinner but it is worth the wait.

Reviewed October 6, 2017

I love the Split Crow. Great atmosphere. Great food and ambience. Lively spot and always good entertainment

Reviewed September 27, 2017

If you're staying at the Delta Hotel on Barrington, this is a really close place to eat. The food is mediocre and the crowds can be quite loud. I had the shepherd's pie and Caesar salad. They were just okay. My husband had fish and chips and wasn't that impressed. Convenient location for a beer though!