Heritage Estate Winery & Cidery
Open today: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

Great Cider/Event Venue!

Reviewed February 7, 2018
Neal L
Mississauga, Canada

All reviews baco noir cider making dragon vinery lighter ontario
Reviewed February 15, 2018

My wife treated us to a dinner event at this fine establishment. The meal was three courses with a different beverage pairing for each course. We have been to the cidery before, and their ciders are excellent, my favourite being Dragons Gold. The wines served were a Baco Noir from last season's grapes, and an apple wine. I much preferred the latter and did not finish the Baco; it was quite watery and almost lighter than a rose.
The food was very good. Congrats to the catering firm for keeping it warm in what was a very chilly location!
Here's hoping this will become an annual offering on Valentine's Day. It was a unique and enjoyable experience which we would purchase again.

2  Thank Colinshire
Teara S, Manager at Heritage Estate Winery & Cidery, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback and we are happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed the dinner pairing event! We looking forward to seeing you both soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

Cider was awesome(I prefer the black one) - Purchased it at a local farmer's market and couldn't believe it was made locally! I have heard that they have a great property for events!

Teara S, Manager at Heritage Estate Winery & Cidery, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Thanks so much for your support Neal - we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Had the opportunity to take a look at their beautiful vines and sample their craft ciders. Great selection for those who enjoy cider, but are looking for something a little different. Eden's Apple cider is my favourite, but their are lots of options at this craft cider estate and winery to sample!

Reviewed September 2, 2017

My daughter introduced me to Heritage Estate cider, I saw them at the Innisfil farmers market and since I like to support local, stopped in.
Almost missed the driveway when I looked on the wrong side of Penetanguishene Rd (golf course & driving range).
The Dragons Gold is a dry version as mentioned in earlier reviews, those who like a sweeter version they have one of those as well. Tried a Baco Noir but wasn't overwhelmed by it, a little lighter than my expectations. Nice enough and I will give it another try my next time in to see if it grows on me. They have their own vines but I don't know if this was from their's or Niagara grapes.
The one issue I had was a compressor running the whole time I was in the tasting room. It is right in the cidery, the tanks etc are there and perhaps a glass wall to separate the noise (or even an acoustic enclosure for the compressor) would make the whole experience more enjoyable.
.....Try the cider you will like it

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Four of us called in here after a meal in the nearby town. Upon entering the building a young girl warmly greeted us and offered to our samples of their wines and ciders. If memory serve me correctly, we could select two wines each. I know one I had was a sangria with a very pleasant flavour. I then sampled the two ciders produced ad canned at the plant. My preference was for the sweet cider in the light green can. We were then given a fairly detailed explanation of wine and cider making. Apparently, this winery is one of only three in Ontario that pasteurizes their cans to prevent the cider being spoiled.
There was also a detailed explanation of the grapes and processes for wine making but it was too much for a novice to take in and fully understand.
After about an hour we purchased several bottles of wine and four of each type of cider to enjoy at a later time.
here is the opportunity to walk through the vineyard fields but we didn't take this.

1  Thank Hutch333id
Reviewed July 13, 2017

I enjoy my Cider & hadn't sampled theirs yet. The one cider I really enjoyed was the Dragons Gold. It wasn't sweet & loaded w/ sugar like some others like Growers which is just awful. I'm looking forward to it being available at my local Sobeys.

Reviewed November 24, 2016

While exploring Barrie, we stopped by Heritage Estate to try some apple wine and cider. The ciders and wines were clear and crisp with refreshingly clean flavors. As an added bonus we learned about cider making and left with plenty to enjoy while visiting and a little to take home. Well worth the visit if you are a cider lover. The Eden's Apple Cider won a Silver Medal in People's Choice at the 2016 Ontario Cider Awards and it is easy to see why!