Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews great hotel pool and hot tub the breakfast area great room excellent stay oatmeal free breakfast front desk staff sausage highway fridge sink canada hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2021

let me first say Ive stayed at hamptons all over canada and united states and this hamptons personal policies are borderline fraud. this hotel will find anyway to overcharge your card making up excuses.too much detail to go on about but beware the general manager is rude, uneducated and needs to go back to school for customer satisfaction and not how to rip long time customers off with extra charges.

Room tip: avoid unless you want suprise charges
Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alyona Nasibyans, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2021

Thank you so much for your review. All policies and procedures are put in place by Hilton and enforced by the property. Safe travels wherever you may go.

Reviewed December 8, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights and was impressed by everything, nice clean room, nice employees with great service, very well organized breakfast, no complaints about anything.
It is rated by Tripadvisor as the #1 hotel in Barrie, which doesn't surprise me.

In these COVID-19 times it is "different" to stay in hotels. This hotel seems to handle it extremely well, it "feels safe". Room will not be cleaned during your stay unless specifically requested, pool and hot tub are open but you need to make a reservation.

And now for the BIG one, breakfast:
Obviously the breakfast area is not open for eating, so you have to eat in your room. They have two different breakfast boxes available and both are great, the main difference is one has like an EggMcMuffin which you heat up for 55 seconds in your microwave, and the other one has two cold hardboiled eggs. Both have yogurt, muffin or bagel, you can also have fruits, juices, cereal, and coffee.
They are really putting in an effort to give you a nice breakfast , and the lady on the weekend is doing a great job.

Overall simply a great hotel.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank raggarbil
Alyona Nasibyans, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2020

Thank you for the outstanding review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn and Suites. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team, as they love receiving this kind of positive feedback. We cannot wait to have you back as our guests, and continue to "wow" you.

Reviewed August 30, 2020

We stayed here for 2 nights when we travelled to Wasaga Beach which is a 40-minute drive from the hotel. This is the best hotel in Barrie. I would recommend we stayed in the 2 queen studio which was very large and accommodated us. The bath amenities were very luxurious as well! The breakfast was not a buffet but an enhanced grab and go which I appreciate. The general manager was very nice to us and giving us extra supplies and towels when we needed them. I wish that the rooms had more decoration in the bathroom area and if the shower head and sink faucets were replaced with newer ones as there was very little water pouring out of them. But, that is a very minor problem and can easily be replaced by the hotel!

An outstanding stay thanks to the team for a great stay we will be back when we are in the area again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank suyin94086
Alyona Nasibyans, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2020

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn and Suites. We truly want all of our guests to find comfort at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope that when you are in the Barrie area you will stay with us again. Thank you so much for such a warm review and we will share your kind comments with our team.

Reviewed August 29, 2020

Wow! Where do I start with this hotel! This hotel is very very great.

First the lobby is very welcoming and modern! Staff here do everything to recognize your Hilton Honours Status, my friend was greeted and was given water bottles and chips!

The hallways are very nice and give the hotel lots of character. Very modern design.

The room: It was a 2 queen studio suite, the room was renovated recently with new wallpaper and carpet which I also believe new furniture. One thing I didn’t enjoy was how the sofa bed was worn and it wasn’t very comfortable but I didn’t sleep on it so it didn’t bother me but they should look into getting new cushions on the part where you sit in. The room smelt very nice and had a nice wet bar.

A few things I would like to note for the hotel to improve on: the mirror in the bathroom area is a bit dated and discoloured. I know new Hampton Hotels have a new type of mirror. Also the showerhead was actually not that great, there wasn’t much water coming out of it, same with the sinks it looks like they installed a faucet splitter so less water comes out but I wish if it was like a normal sink and if they upgrade the shower head to a modern one.

Overall an excellent stay! Thanks to all the staff and hope the hotel improves in those areas as I will be back later this year!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thanks for your feedback! I’m pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. Our team looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future. It’s our commitment to serve our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations. We’ll see you soon, safe travels.

Reviewed August 15, 2020 via mobile

The hotel was extremely well prepared to operate during the pandemic. Rooms are well cleaned. They continue to offer breakfast as a take away tray. They have a pool and gym open for limited hours with limited capacity. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and in excellent condition.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your outstanding review of the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and we hope to see you again very soon at Hampton Inn and Suites.