“Pro Level Dining”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Description: Classy, intimate bistro offering progressive Canadian cuisine. The perfect spot after work, for a romantic evening or an important business meeting. The "Hall" also shines as the place to enjoy your most special occasions. Call us today and let us customize your celebration.​ If it's worth celebrating, it's worth celebrating at the "Hall".
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

If you want a nice cozy spot to get quality food and service than this is the spot for you. I do with they had a larger menu and better location. Maybe I would go more often if they did.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 23, 2018

We spent a FABULOUS evening at Painter's Hall enjoying the delicious food and outstanding service! Our server Wagner made the perfect meal and wine pairing suggestions! He was always on top of the need for an additional glass while allowing us the private time we wanted to spend together. Always there when we needed him, superbly helpful, pleasant, charming and professional...but not too there when we were conversing. The food was also outstanding! I had the salmon and it was melt in your mouth perfect. We began with a delicious soup and I finished with the chocolate cake. I must confess, I was more than satisfied as the meal serving size was more than ample, but that chocolate cake was not to be missed and did not disappoint!!!! So mouthwateringly delicious! A perfect end to a perfect meal...we picked the ideal place to start Barrielicious!!!!! The price was very reasonable for this exquisite meal with outstanding service. I'm even thinking I might need to cancel one of the other Barrielicious bookings I have and come back here again it was so good! I think it will be difficult for anywhere else to measure up to this. I highly recommend this restaurant. What a delightful evening!!!! My favourite things...the food and the service.

1  Thank 775love2travel
Reviewed January 21, 2018

We spent an evening enjoying dinner here. Staff went the full distance, including helping my daughter get comfortably seated, with a leg cast.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

I always enjoy going for dinner at Painters Hall. The food is consistently delicious and the staff is always excellent. I've visited about 6-8 times over the past few years and I'll definitely be going back again.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Four of us went to dinner, post Christmas, before New Year's. The food was incredible. So delicious. We all wanted to eat dessert but couldn't fit it in. We started with the sharing platter - so yummy! The crostini came out warm. The plate easily fed four of us. The house made chutneys were scrumptious! Different and unexpected combinations and I am fussy, and wanted to push my dinner companions away! I had the Striploin, the others had the specials. To die. Steak was perfect. Everyone's plate was licked clean. Highly recommend. We had a bottle of wine. To give price perspective, everyone had water and the wine. The bill came to ~$225 with tip. Excellent price and value for the food we ate. Highly recommend for any occasion. There was a bar in the back with live music - a solo guitarist. The art work (hence the name) was throughout, really good, eclectic. So, a wonderful atmosphere.
Go. You will not be disappointed.
The review asks if it is a Steakhouse. I have said no, they do have steak, not the focus. But the steak was sublime!
Finally, our server was delightful. She was there when we needed her, engaging, pleasant but was a perfect server (to me), was a great addition, but wasn't one of those that I feel try to be part of the night. I hate that. Personal fussiness. But the service was incredible.
I am not from Barrie and we had street parking. I do not know if the location has its own parking.

Date of visit: December 2017