All reviews executive tower front desk outdoor pool breakfast buffet hockey tournament tim hortons mandarin wedding highway sauna
Reviewed August 4, 2018

Reception was friendly and welcoming. The front of the hotel is updated. Resturant and bar on second floor. They have an adequate gym, sauna and swimming pools. Everything is clean. I parked around the back as my room was there. The carpet needs a good cleaning in the halls. My room was clean and quiet. I had a small balcony and was happy to open the sliding door to let fresh air. I quickly had to close it as a neighbour was outside smoking. Such a drag. I later reopened the door. The restuarant is good and staff was helpful. In the morning I was looking for a cup a coffee prior to my work out and before tending to some business on my computer. No coffee to be found in the lobby. I came downstairs for my workout with no credit cards or cash to buy a coffee from the resturant. I noticed quite a few people had walked to Tim Hortons for coffee. I was told I could make coffee in my room...I hate the fake creamers...so not an option.

Room Tip: Around the back would be quieter. A great place to host meetings.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
HIBarrieTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We were disappointed to read your neighbours did not follow the smoking policy which prevented you from enjoying the balcony and we regeret this inconvenience.
Although we don't provide coffee in the lobby our restaurant service staff would have looked after your needs even though you didn't have a method of payment with you.
We do hope you have an opportunity to return to the hotel in the near future.
HI barrie team

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Expensive, but it was a Sat night in July so we expected a bit higher price but they did apply the CAA discount and the seniors discount to both rooms (traveling with parents). The rooms were average, 2 comfortable double beds, a mini fridge and a microwave. The carpet looked a little worn and had a couple small stains but seemed clean. We were on the back side of the hotel so no road noise which was nice. Indoor and outdoor pool, well maintained and clean. Large lobby and several meeting rooms in the building. Lots of free parking and conveniently located just off the 400. About a half hour from CFB Borden and Blackdown Cadet training centre.
Aside from the price, no continental breakfast and the staff knocking on our door at 10am asking us when we were leaving, it was a good experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Upatnight
HIBarrieTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we were delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Came from out of town to attend a wedding in Barrie nearby to this hotel. Customer service was good, interior of the room is a little outdated. Our toilet valve didn’t end up working once we arrived later at night back to our room. Although my fiancé was able to fix it, by opening the cistern at the back. Still very inconvenient.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and please accept our apology the toilet valve needed to be adjusted.
Hi Barrie team

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Confirmed details day prior, to ensure room off parking lot - was told as I paid ahead, everything was guaranteed. Upon a late arrival it was not and with 2 bad knees and my luggage late at night I had to go up stairs because there was no elevator where they had me. At no time was I offered assistance, just a free buffet breakfast which was not good. Rooms are outdated, wifi was horrible. I was moved the next to my preferred "guaranteed" location (after asking again) I was not happy. Free buffet breakfast offered did not make up for it (crusty pancakes, that I couldn't cut). Air conditioning extremely loud in 1st room, not much better in 2nd room.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback and please accept our apology the room allocation was not on the main floor as you requested. We were surprised to read your comment on the breakfast as we are well known for providing a generous display of food options.
We hope you have an opportunity to return in the near future to sample our normal high hospitality standard.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

First of all, if you try and call them, to ask simple things like, can we get adjoining rooms, you get sent to a call center that then sends you back to the hotel, ad naseum. Yes, I pushed 0, they wouldnt even let me finish my sentence before forwarding me back to the call center.

Second, 5 am fire alarms. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Lastly, take a look around, it hasnt been renovated ever, the carpet looks like a dog dragged its dingleberries across it. disgustingly gross.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
HIBarrieTeam, General Manager at Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Justin H,
Please accept our apology your stay was not to your liking and the fire alarm caused an early wake up call. As I'm sure you understand the fire system is for guest protection and a smoke detector by one of the entrances was activated by an unknown cause. We do know the smoke detector was functioning perfectly and once the smoke dissipated the system was reset.
We do invest annually in the upkeep of the hotel and any further feedback from your stay would be appreciated so we may take remedial action.